The Bankruptcy of The United StatesSun May 13, 2012 00:09188.8.131.52The Bankruptcy of The United States
United States Congressional Record, March 17, 1993 Vol. 33, page H-1303
THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
THE 545 PEOPLE
RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL
OF AMERICA'S WOES
BY CHARLEY REESE
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 235 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.
I excluded all but the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.
No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislation's responsibility to determine how he votes.
A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY
Don't you see how the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of Tip O'Neill, who stood up and criticized Ronald Reagan for creating deficits.
The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating appropriations and taxes.
O'neill is the speaker of the House. He is the leader of the majority party. He and his fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetos it, they can pass it over his veto.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 235 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility.
I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.
When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in Lebanon, it's because they want them in Lebanon.
There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take it.
Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people and they alone are responsible. They and they alone have the power. They and they alone should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided they have the gumption to manage their own employees.
This article was taken from the Orlando Sentinel Star newspaper
- Aaron Russo MAD AS HELL (FULL LENGTH).avi APFN, Sat May 12 17:14Aaron Russo MAD AS HELL (FULL LENGTH).avi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qgzy29A05A&feature=related Aaron Russo (February 14, 1943 - August 24, 2007) was an American entertainment businessman,... more
- Scientists remotely activate and deactivate genes with radio By Madison Ruppert, Sun May 13 22:18Scientists remotely activate and deactivate genes with radio waves By Madison Ruppert Editor of End the Lie Geneticists at Rockefeller University in New York have demonstrated the ability to remotely ... more
- Today we again give ourselves to your service. May your powe Moravian Church in North America, Mon May 14 01:43Monday, May 14 Psalm 64 Numbers 5; Mark 10:46-52 By this you shall know that among you is the living God. Joshua 3:10 With great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the... more
- Lightning hits French president's plane, none hurt Denver Post, Tue May 15 04:18Lightning hits French president's plane, none hurt POSTED: 05/15/2012 12:55:58 AM MDT UPDATED: 05/15/2012 10:58:59 AM MDTThe Associated Press New French President Francois Hollande looks out of his... more
- What Events Occur When a Species Is on the Cusp of Evolving? UFO Casebook, Tue May 15 05:15What Events Occur When a Species Is on the Cusp of Evolving? Submitted by Diane Tessman on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 08:53 By Diane Tessman The answer to the question above, we donít know. If we are dealing... more
- UFO nearly causes mid-air collision over Denver, Colorado Latest UFO Sightings net, Wed May 16 04:23UFO nearly causes mid-air collision over Denver, Colorado 14-May-2012 TV report about an aviation incident over Denver, Colorado - unidentified flying object nearly caused mid-air collision this... more
- UFOs or orbs over Basel, Switzerland 15-May-2012 Latest UFO Sightings net, Thu May 17 13:30THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2012 UFOs or orbs over Basel, Switzerland 15-May-2012 UFO news - Mass UFO activity was recorded in the sky above Basel in Switzerland on Tuesday, 15th May 2012. Watch video (3:34)... more
- Al Qaeda - the Database by Pierre-Henri Bunel, Mon May 14 02:07http://www.burbankdigest.com/ subs/unsub: email@example.com http://www.burbankdigest.com/node/39 ~~~~~~~~~~~ Al Qaeda - the Database by Pierre-Henri Bunel 11/20/05... more
- Photos: Semi carrying pudding catches fire KCCI 8, Mon May 14 04:30Photos: Semi carrying pudding catches fire Aaron Smiley http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/-/9357080/12870910/-/15aab8tz/-/index.html
- The Bankruptcy of The United States APFN, Sun May 13 00:09