$3 billion healthcare fraud in U.S. historyMon Jul 2, 2012 10:4618.104.22.168GlaxoSmithKline pays $3 billion to settle fraud case
In what is considered the largest case of healthcare fraud in US history, the pharmaceutical giant claimed non-approved uses for various drugs and also failed to give the FDA safety fata about the diabetes drug Avandia.
Landmark: GlaxoSmithKline Plc has agreed to plead guilty to criminal charges and pay $3billion to settle the largest case of healthcare fraud in U.S. history
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2167742/GlaxoSmithKline-pay-3b-fine-pleading-guilty-healthcare-fraud.html#ixzz1zVm0rEiG
GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) $3 Billion Whistleblower Settlement Has Paid for One ...
"When our clients were forced out of their marketing positions, GlaxoSmithKline ('GSK') had proof of illegal off-label prescription drug marketing.
See all 4 sources »
French Tribune GSK hails positive results for combo new lung drug
Reuters - 8 hours ago
The Phase III data for the drug, which GSK is developing with Theravance, will support the British drugmaker's plans to start global filings to regulators for the combination pill from the end of this year, the firm said in a statement.
GSK, Theravance Expect COPD Drug Filing with FDA by Year EndGenetic Engineering NewsGSK, Theravance race rivals with PhIII COPD data on LAMA/LABA comboFierceBiotechSee all 27 sources »
Corporate Counsel GlaxoSmithKline Saves Millions in Legal Fees With Value-Based Programs
Corporate Counsel - 2 hours ago
Those savings are expected to only increase with GSK's growing use of online reverse auctions for any matter over a certain nominal fee.
Grant & Eisenhofer Represents Key Whistleblower in Justice Dept.'s $1.04 ...
MarketWatch (press release) - 7 hours ago
Grant & Eisenhofer's client, Lois Graydon, is a nursing professional and former GSK Therapeutic Sales Manager. The US Attorney's office in Boston led the investigation into promotional tactics behind a total of nine GSK drugs.
See all 4 sources »
GSK pays $3B to wrap up host of Justice Department claims
FiercePharma - 7 hours ago
It's official: GlaxoSmithKline ($GSK) will pay a whopping $3 billion to wrap up longstanding Justice Department probes.
GSK Sets 20 July For Expiration Of Tender Offer To Acquire Human Genome Sciences
Pharmaceutical Online (press release) - 8 hours ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE: GSK) today announced it has extended its tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ: HGSI) for US$13.00 per share in cash to 5:00 pm New York City time on 20 July 2012.
GSK further extends $2.6 billion Human Genome offerReutersGlaxoSmithKline $2.6 billion tender offer for Human Genome Sciences saga continuesThe Pharma LetterSee all 10 sources »
MedPage Today GSK Zofran arrhythmia risk leads to new label change
FiercePharma - 8 hours ago
With the results of an arrhythmia safety study in, the FDA is having GlaxoSmithKline ($GSK) expand the labeling changes on its Zofran, which is used in chemotherapy for vomiting and nausea.
Ondansetron (Zofran) IV: Drug Safety Communication - QT prolongationBioscience Technology
International Business Times Global Pharma Giants Feed On Smaller Biotech Makers
Nish AmarnathInternational Business Times - 3 hours ago
By Nish Amarnath: Subscribe to Nish's RSS feed GlaxoSmithKline Plc (NYSE: GSK), the biggest British healthcare company, extended its $2.6 billion offer for Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ: HGSI) on Monday.
AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline trying to make dealsPhiladelphia Inquirer (blog)Bristol Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca Join Forces in $7B Deal for AmylinBioWorld OnlineSee all 255 sources »
GlaxoSmithKline, Theravance Say Lung Disease Treatment Showed Positive Results
RTT News - 13 hours ago
(RTTNews) - British drug giant GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK: News ,GSK.L: News ) and US biopharma firm Theravance Inc. (THRX: News ) Monday said that four pivotal phase III studies of their investigational combination drug showed statistically significant ...
WFMY News 2 GlaxoSmithKline Pleads In Historic $3 Billion Health Care Fraud Settlement
WFMY News 2 - 5 hours ago
GSK will also pay $2 billion to resolve civil liabilities relating to Paxil, Wellbutrin and Avandia, as well as other drugs and also resolves allegations of pricing fraud.
GSK and Theravance Announce Positive Results From Four Pivotal Phase III ...
Virtual-Strategy Magazine - 17 hours ago
LONDON and SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., July 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE:GSK) and Theravance, Inc. (Nasdaq:THRX) today announced the results of four pivotal phase III studies of investigational LAMA/LABA involving over 4000 ...
GlaxoSmithKline fined $3bn in US
Ninemsn - 4 hours ago
The Justice Department said GSK was fined over misbranding its drugs Paxil and Wellbutrin, and for holding back data while making unbacked claims for its diabetes drug Avandia.
GlaxoSmithKline to pay $3 billion for health fraud
San Jose Mercury News - 8 hours ago
Delery added, "Today's resolution seeks not only to punish wrongdoing and recover taxpayer dollars, but to ensure GSK's future compliance with the law." He noted that a similar recent settlement with Abbott Laboratories also included continuing ...
The Republic GSK further extends $2.6 billion Human Genome offer
Chicago Tribune - Jun 29, 2012
In the wake of the GSK extension, Human Genome repeated its rejection of the offer as not reflecting the inherent value of the company.
Human Genome Sciences Responds To GSK Extension Of Tender OfferNASDAQHuman Genome Sciences Responds To GSK Extension Of Unsolicited Tender OfferTheStreet.com (press release)Highly Cited:Glaxo Extends Human Genome OfferWall Street JournalSee all 40 sources »
Whistleblowers played major role in Glaxo case, leading to Glaxo's record ...
MarketWatch (press release) - 8 hours ago
WASHINGTON, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Two whistleblowers represented by Phillips & Cohen LLP provided the government with overwhelming evidence that was at the heart of the government's case against GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) and the ...
See all 6 sources »
- Demand Congress Repeal ObamaCare NOW! APFN, Mon Jul 2 12:20ObamaCare Is A Mandatory Tax - Repeal it Now! ALERT: The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the individual mandate within the ObamaCare law, can survive as a TAX TAKEN FROM YOU BY THE... more
- videos for Obama GlaxoSmithKline » APFN, Mon Jul 2 11:49Legal Headline News: Obama, Illegals, Virgina Tech - YouTube... more
- "political genius" of John Roberts: GlaxoSmithKline settles APFN, Mon Jul 2 11:18post on the "political genius" of John Roberts: "The 5-4 language suggests that Roberts agreed with the liberals. But for the most part, he didn’t. If you read the opinions, he sided with the... more
- The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining. John F. Kennedy, Mon Jul 2 13:49~~~~~~~ "The stories of past courage can define that ingredient-they can teach, they can offer hope, they can provide inspiration. But they cannot supply courage itself. For this each man must look... more
- Summer heat ignites fire at Chemplex chemical yard Global processing e news, Tue Jul 3 09:12Summer heat ignites fire at Chemplex chemical yard 7/2/2012Email a FriendPrint Article 1 MIDLAND COUNTY, Texas — A 30,000-pound container holding ammonium persulfate suddenly burst into flames Friday ... more
- Chadwick Beach Cotton Mouse Wikipedia, Tue Jul 3 22:53Chadwick Beach Cotton Mouse From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Chadwick Beach Cotton Mouse Conservation status Extinct (1938) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class:... more
- We shall find peace. Anton Chekhov (1860 - 1904), Tue Jul 3 09:28We shall find peace. We shall hear the angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds. Anton Chekhov (1860 - 1904), 1897 For peace is not mere absence of war, but is a virtue that springs from... more
- [CENSORED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH] APFN, Mon Jul 2 10:56-------- Original Message -------- Subject: how international jewry destroys nations Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 23:01:41 -0000 From: firstname.lastname@example.org Oppose Israel or the USA?... more
- ObamaCare Is A Mandatory Tax - Repeal it Now! APFN, Mon Jul 2 11:59ObamaCare Is A Mandatory Tax - Repeal it Now! ALERT: The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the individual mandate within the ObamaCare law, can survive as a TAX TAKEN FROM YOU BY THE... more
- The American Dream Revolution: A Short Story. . . APFN, Mon Jul 2 11:02Tuesday, June 26, 2012 The American Dream Revolution: A Short Story. . . in More Ways Than One Christopher Jon Bjerknes http://www.jewishracism.com http://www.jewishracism.blogspot.com Rex Lex... more