The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.Mon Jul 2, 2012 13:49184.108.40.206
"The stories of past courage can define that ingredient-they can teach, they can offer hope, they can provide inspiration. But they cannot supply courage itself. For this each man must look into his own soul.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.
Let us never negotiate out of fear but let us never fear to negotiate.
The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.
We have come too far, we have sacrificed too much, to disdain the future now.
We set sail on this new sea because there is knowledge to be gained.
We stand for freedom. That is our conviction for ourselves; that is our only commitment to others.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
Now the trumpet summons us again—not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are—but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation"—a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.
Before my term has ended, we shall have to test anew whether a nation organized and governed such as ours can endure. The outcome is by no means certain."
John F. Kennedy (May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963)*
More quotes here:
- "political genius" of John Roberts: GlaxoSmithKline settles APFN, Mon Jul 2 11:18post on the "political genius" of John Roberts: "The 5-4 language suggests that Roberts agreed with the liberals. But for the most part, he didn’t. If you read the opinions, he sided with the... more
- The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining. John F. Kennedy, Mon Jul 2 13:49
- Summer heat ignites fire at Chemplex chemical yard Global processing e news, Tue Jul 3 09:12Summer heat ignites fire at Chemplex chemical yard 7/2/2012Email a FriendPrint Article 1 MIDLAND COUNTY, Texas — A 30,000-pound container holding ammonium persulfate suddenly burst into flames Friday ... more
- Chadwick Beach Cotton Mouse Wikipedia, Tue Jul 3 22:53Chadwick Beach Cotton Mouse From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Chadwick Beach Cotton Mouse Conservation status Extinct (1938) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class:... more
- We shall find peace. Anton Chekhov (1860 - 1904), Tue Jul 3 09:28We shall find peace. We shall hear the angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds. Anton Chekhov (1860 - 1904), 1897 For peace is not mere absence of war, but is a virtue that springs from... more