Flight Diverted to Philly After 12 People Become SickWed Jul 11, 2012 00:45126.96.36.199
Flight Diverted to Philly After 12 People Become Sick
A plane heading to Rome was diverted to Philly International after officials say 12 passengers became ill.
By David Chang | Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 | Updated 5:54 AM EDTView Comments (3) | Email | Print
NBC10Philadelphia.com - Cydney Long
A flight headed to Rome was diverted to Philadelphia International Airport after passengers and crew members claimed they felt sick.
Flight Diverted to Philly International
MORE VIDEOS (1 OF 8)
Partly Sunny Wednesday 1:58
Cops Follow Blood Trail to... 1:21
Don't Feed the Wild Turkeys 1:55
Arsonist Targets Homeowner 2:17
Uncle Remembers Fallen... 1:43
Scranton City Workers... 2:01
No Violation History for... 1:49
NJ Man Gored by Bull Shares Story 1:39
4 Ministries Challenge... 1:40
Top 5 Reasons Phillies Are Losing 2:55
Market-Frankford El Re-Opens... 2:01
Construction Workers Find... 1:13
Fire Destroys NoLibs Warehouse 2:51
Witness Recounts Crash That... 1:31
Man Charged in Death of Philly Polic... 2:55
Police Recruit Behind Wheel in Deadl... 2:54
Family of Soccer Shooting... 1:44
Philly Endures the Heat 1:23
Philly Feels the Heat 1:44
Power Outages in NJ 1:29
SEPTA Train Accident Injures Seven 1:05
Police Shoot Man During Center City... 1:48
Tennis Players Hit the... 1:27
Boy Saves Family From Gunmen 1:53
Five people are in the hospital after a flight headed to Rome landed at Philly International due to passengers and crew members feeling sick.
Officials say the US Airways airbus landed at the airport around 10:22 p.m. Investigators say the flight was traveling from Charlotte to Rome but was diverted to Philadelphia after 12 people on the plane, including four crew members, complained of feeling sick. The passengers also claimed fumes were detected on the plane.
Police say 177 passengers and 12 crew members on the plane were evacuated. Five people have been taken to the hospital, according to investigators.
They were treated and released, but remain in Philadelphia.
USAir replaced the sick crew and the plane and resumed the flight.
Video (1:43) at:
News Updates from Citizens For Legitimate Government
11 Jul 2012
All links are here:
Breaking: Flight Diverted to Philly After 12 People Become Sick: Officials 10 Jul 2012 Five people are in the hospital after a flight headed to Rome landed at Philly International due to passengers and crew members feeling sick. Officials say the U.S. Airways airbus landed at the airport around 10:22 p.m. Investigators say the flight was traveling from Charlotte to Rome but was diverted to Philadelphia after 12 people on the plane, including four crew members, complained of feeling sick. The passengers also claimed fumes were detected on the plane. Five people have been taken to the hospital, according to investigators.
Train Derails in Columbus, Ohio, 100 Evacuated
By KEVIN DOLAK (@kdolak)
July 11, 2012
A mile-wide area of Columbus, Ohio, is being evacuated as authorities attempt to contain the blaze caused this morning by a freight-train derailment and explosion.
About 100 people have been evacuated after 11 cars of 98 on a train headed south through the city derailed around 2 a.m. today, near Interstate 71. The accident took place southeast of the Ohio State University campus.
A command post is being set up at the Rhodes Center at the Ohio State Fairgrounds, where the evacuees are being taken, ABC News affiliate WSYX reported.
Andrew Spear/AP Photo
People watch the flames shoot up from a... View Full Size
3 Freight Trains Derail in Indiana Watch Video
Runaway Miniature Train Kills Boy Watch Video
Amtrak New Security Measures Taking Effect Watch Video
Two of the train cars were on fire at 5:30 a.m., WSYX reported. The train was reportedly carrying denatured alcohol and styrene, a chemical used to make plastic. Hazmat officials called to the scene said that there was no risk for air contamination, WBNS-10TV reported.
It was not immediately clear what caused the crash.
Two people who ran toward the scene before the explosion were reportedly injured, but were able to get to the hospital themselves, Battalion Chief Michael Fowler told The Associated Press.
Photographer Chris Mumma, who was in the area at the time, told The AP that he noticed a chemical smell in addition to the smoke in the air. He said that although he was 10 miles away, he was able to see the sky light up after the derailment.
"I noticed there was a chemical smell, and I was inhaling it so I backed up a little bit more because I wasn't sure what I was getting involved with," he said.
Mumma said that the odor made him so nauseous that he ended up at the hospital.
Fowler told The AP that authorities will have a better sense of the of scope of the scene when the sun rises.
- Internet malware shutdown Monday:Sat Jul 7, 2012 APFN, Sun Jul 8 17:10Internet malware shutdown Monday:Sat Jul 7, 2012 09:1672. News: Internet malware shutdown Monday: check computer online advises FBI The Internet will shut down for thousands of people in the U.S. on... more
- c2c - Messengers & Intuition APFN, Sun Jul 8 17:27tonight's show1am - 5am ET 10pm - 2am P Messengers & Intuition Sun 07-08 Ian Punnett (Twitter) welcomes medical intuitive and board certified psychiatrist, Dr. Judith Orloff, who'll discuss what... more
- About Judith Orloff MD » APFN, Sun Jul 8 17:43About Judith Orloff MD » Dr. Orloff, an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at UCLA, has helped patients find emotional freedom for over 20 years. She synthesizes the pearls of traditional... more
- Define... jchorak7441, Mon Jul 9 21:24"pearls of traditional medicine"...and just exactly what are those? JCH
- Flight Diverted to Philly After 12 People Become Sick NBC10 Philadelphia, Wed Jul 11 00:45
- Talking To Aliens Media Matters, Sun Jul 8 23:59Talking To Aliens Keep listening as Jim --a former military public relations officer-- reveals details from a case among the most bizarre in UFO history. Jim reported a huge range of phenomenon,... more
- "Do not cause us to take action which you will regret. " APFN, Tue Jul 10 15:49"Do not cause us to take action which you will regret. " AUTHOR: JIM MAARS http://www.jimmarrs.com COMING ATTRACTION.... 9 BULLETS TO SOULATION....THE START APFN... http://www.apfn.org RE.... Talking ... more
- Nuclear submarines hit by more than 200 fires in the past 25 Telegraph UK, Mon Jul 9 06:22Nuclear submarines hit by more than 200 fires in the past 25 years There have been 266 fires on nuclear submarines in the past 25 years, it has emerged. Britain's Royal Navy nuclear-powered submarine ... more