William MountWASHINGOTN STATE TRANSPORTATION COSTSWed Aug 15, 2012 12:1922.214.171.124During the last weekend the State of Washington closed Highway 16 for about 60 hours to install a "Fish Friendly Culvert" in a stream with no fish.
The Culvert they were to replace was 6 inches in diameter. The Culvert that replaced it was 14 feet high and about 11.9 feet wide. The total construction cost was around $11 Million and shut down a major thorough fare for an entire weekend.
Now before you get your dander up - the Processes these Washington State department of Transportation Employees must use is huge. Consider the following Process used to build more HOV lanes in this state:
1) 1999: Notice of Intent
2) 2001: Managed Lane Analysis
3) 2002: Enivronmental Impact Statement, ROD, Master Plan, "Executive Committee" recommends further Consideration of the project.
4) 2003: Managed Lane Technical Analysis
5) 2005: Senate Bill 6091, the Sec 606. The Senate Recommends the project.
6) 2006: Investment Analysis
7) 2007: Senate Bill 1694, Sec 605: Senate recommends tolls be charged.
8) 2008: RTID
9) 2009: Senate Bill 5352: East Side Corridor Tolling Study, under RCW 47.56.401 another major study and draft plan must be developed.
10) 2010: Senate and House Bill 2941: Expert Review and Panel Study.
11) 2011: EHB 1382 Authorizes Tolling on I-405 and a Commission Study
Many of the Intermediate Studies conducted above were required by State and Federal Law and and had to be turned into departments that no longer exist.
I went to the State of Washington EPA with a friend of mine - when worked for a Sewage Department in a local county. We spent the better part of 2 hours at the EPA trying to figure out where to turn in a study because the department requiring the study no longer existed.
Do not expect the employees to know anything about the environment either - they are Affirmative Action Employees that simply review and file the reports.
All of these reports must be followed even when the project is already decided on and fully funded.
So - when the State got to put in three "Fish Friendly Culverts" along highways 167 and 405 - the process began over a decade ago. It felt good to Engineers to actually do something, something good. To replace a "Ten Year Flood" culverts with "100 Years Flood Culverts."
For the chief Engineers these projects were sort of a relief - like they got something in the ground.
By the way - the above HOV lanes are costing Washington State about $1.6 Billion for 35 miles of HOV lanes and the internal studies show HOV lanes slow traffic down-- but the decision to build these lanes came from the last Governor - Gary Lock.
The Overall Costs for these 35 miles, considering 1/3rd Admin, 1/3rd Studies, 1/3 Construction Costs, is about $4.5 Billion, or around $110 Million Dollars per mile. Thank you Governor Lock.
Considering the 6.8 Million People in this state - that is about $650 per person just for some HOV lanes on Highways 167 and 405 that will slow traffic down - it's called Social Engineering.
So do not get mad at DOT workers - they are only doing as the state law demands. Vote for new leaders in Olympia, but please do not get mad at the DOT workers. When the Freeway is blocked - please slow down and realize that at least something is getting done.
For you Intel Geeks:
1) There s news on the internet that on 17 August a large Planet will pass by Earth, then swing around the sun and pass by again around 27 September.
No one knows exactly what will occur - but the US Navy is pulling ships out into open waters right now and moving personnel away from coastal areas.
If you know please post this story for us.
2) Prison Populations are down for the first time in 38 years, Seattle Murder Rates are up 400%. Duh.
3) The Pipeline Obama demanded never to be built from Canada to the US - is now being built.
4) A Turkish Sultan introduced Dope Smoking to the US in the 1893 Worlds Fare I believe.
5) Draft Copies of the Bill of Rights were written on HEMP paper.
6) George Washington had HEMP farms to produce clothing, rope and paper. The Chemical Processes to turn HEMP into paper do not destroy the environment.
7) Since we have GMO crops that are killing Americans - why not produce use this technology to do something to help Americans: Create HEMPY - THC free Hemp for commercial use. It is time.
8) Please read WHATDOESITMEAN.COM today - a Russian Nuclear sub played around in the Gulf of Mexico this week and the US did not even detect it. Apparently the Billions of gallons of Crude Oil in the gulf shielded the Submarine.
Russia - my guess is that this leaking gas in the North Sea near Scotland will also hide your Nuclear Powered Subs.
England and the US launch - you launch.
9) The gulf is still leaking 5 Million gallons of oil per day, and the well off Scotland is still leaking 9 Million Cubic Meters of Natural Gas per day, and Fukushima is still leaking huge amounts of radiation.
We have the technology to seal these up - but we do not.
If the Russians of Chinese or Japanese governments would help - these all could be stopped in a matter of a few months - but their leaders are just like those in the US - Lucifer's Losers. If they were any different - they would have already acted.
Thank you David Rothschild's of London for creating these messes. You Master Lucifer cannot stop the heat wave tomorrow - you follow a worthless fallen Punk, so says the I AM That I AM, Your day is Neigh Losers.
Pray that you are in a cool place and spared from what is about to hit Earth.
You Deserve the Truth
Dr William B. Mount
Knight of Malta -Russian
Cpt (ret) USA