Lease this WebApp and get rid of the ads.
sons of Tarawa veterans
Wed Jul 12, 2017 08:25

I agree with Ed. While not looking for my father, I found 'genetic' relatives in England and here in the states with my surname or a derivation of my surname after submitting my results to Family Tree DNA. They group Y-DNA matches by surname projects which have blogs associated along with the ability to connect to matching people if they allow that. If you match closely with a group, then it would be looking through info as Ed suggests. If the surname is unique it will be much easier to cut through the data. Those months in NZ were special for my dad. He said the people were some of the nicest he ever met and treated them wonderfully. Good luck with your quest.

  • You're looking in the wrong placeEd Gilbert, Wed Jul 12 04:45
    Since I gather there was no father's name on a birth certificate, that's your dead end. Genetic testing will likely be your best bet. I would suggest something like You are... more
    • Looking in the wrong placeBrian Algar, Tue Aug 15 01:16
      Thank you Ed. I've passed your reply on to my folks to digest as my father is looking at doing some Dna research. I've thought about the fact that my granddad may not have survived Tarawa which would ... more
    • sons of Tarawa veterans — godwintr, Wed Jul 12 08:25
Click here to receive daily updates