TinfoilPotential responsibility problems..Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08pm22.214.171.124 (XFF: 10.32.16.38)I'm thinking Starfleet's Non-Interference policy. What if we find an extraterrestial civilization at,say,our level was prior to WW2? Do we give them our technology?
- Sun's Twin Discovered! c.c.keiser, Sun Apr 29 2:46pmWill we find another Earth? http://news.discovery.com/space/suns-twin-is-an-optimum-seti-target-120426.html 'Simply put, the nearby presence of a twin star potentially offers a fascinating experiment ... more
- The situation will not be exactly the same. David F Mayer, Sun Apr 29 4:04pmIf there were a more ferrous ions in the oceans and the erodible land, then it would have absorbed enough oxygen to prevent the creation of an oxygen atmosphere as yet. The star could be hundreds of... more
- Agreed....but... c.c.keiser, Sun Apr 29 5:48pmthe question remains could there be life to evolve? If so...is there any way to find out?
- I consider life to be VERY LIKELY to originate David F Mayer, Mon Apr 30 12:59pmon any Earth-like planet (in terms of composition, temperature, etc). But I suspect that the vast majority of life-bearing planets have only microbes as residents. I also consider it likely that Mars ... more
- Re: I consider life to be VERY LIKELY to originate c.c.keiser, Mon Apr 30 7:18pmI agree, so what drive evolution? Adversity maybe?
- Evolution is driven by a combination of: David F Mayer, Wed May 2 5:49pmhereditary variation and selection. David F Mayer
- Potential responsibility problems.. Tinfoil, Sun Apr 29 3:08pm
- If human history is any guide, and we manage to get there, David F Mayer, Sun Apr 29 4:06pmwe will attack them, exterminate the majority, and enslave the survivors, forcing our religions down their throats at gunpoint. The Evil Space Invaders will almost certainly be from Earth. David F... more