The GryphonBetter make that Junior High!Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09am220.127.116.11Too many girls are getting pregnant while in High School. They need that "Training for Parents" BEFORE they get pregnant!
I agree with you about the training for recipients of Food Stamps/WIC/Aid to Dependant Families. Include budgeting and meal planning in that training along with how to CARE for those dependant children, too!
- Local tragedy; approaching its last chapter Xpltivdletd, Mon Jun 25 10:13pmfor now it's mostly a dog-question from a non-dog-person. An article about the incident is at the link below. My question isn't about the anthropomorphizing style of writing or about the thinking it... more
- Too sad..... The Gryphon, Tue Jun 26 4:52amI have never trusted those "invisible fence" things. My ex-landlord uses them for his Dobermans, and it seems to work for those dogs, but I've seen them NOT work for "sight hunters" and terrier types ... more
- *If* I heard it right, the families are related Xpltivdletd, Wed Jun 27 12:19am...so this wasn't a single-family issue. I don't know if an animal collar in this system only zaps it while it's within range of the boundary (so a breakout might have a reward) or it's a more... more
- I think it works better for some breeds than others... Sprout, Tue Jun 26 8:56amA friend had an English Bull Terrier (Spuds McKenzie). A very friendly and sociable animal, though somewhat undisciplined. When my freind set up the invisible fence and trained the dog, it worked for ... more
- THANKS! You just supplied that missing Xpltivdletd, Wed Jun 27 12:22am...answer. Guess the system leaves a lot to be desired, as-designed. RKBA! Best regards.
- Your last sentence says it all Truthteller, Tue Jun 26 8:25ama two year old has NO business wandering around outside unaccompanied. Have people forgotten how many children have been and still are kidnapped every year? A big problem here in AZ is unaccompanied... more
- "Where in hell were the parents...?" Clawson, Tue Jun 26 8:38amhttp://www.realityisfree.com/pitfalls.html THE CYCLE REPEATS - BIOLOGY CONTROLS CHILD PRODUCTION Biology does not require a man and a woman to have a license or any schooling for the production of... more
- I would love to see a class in HS... Truthteller, Tue Jun 26 10:15amon basic parenting that would be MANDATORY for all HS seniors. Ditto for everyone who receives food stamps/WIC/Aid to Dependent Families. Most of these "accidents" could be avoided if parents simply... more
- Better make that Junior High! The Gryphon, Wed Jun 27 4:09am
- That would not be "Politically Correct" Clawson, Tue Jun 26 10:35amOur mis-named "civilization" is based on humans acting out in limited compartments with no responsibility or insight on other compartments. The entire mess is tied together by no-work "managers" and... more