TinfoilBought it!Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:54pm22.214.171.124 (XFF: 10.32.16.38)Took forever online using my present (crappy) computer but at least it's paid for now. I pick it up at the store in Ridgecrest,Ca on July 24. Then I zoom to the computer shop and probably pay them $100 to get it set up so I can drive 62 miles back home,plug everything in and HOPEFULLY it works. Cost me $650.43 with tax,so far. I have been forced into joining the modern age.
ZT Affinity 850 Desktop PC with Intel Core i5-3450 Processor, 16GB Memory, 2TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Option
- Is this a good computer? Tinfoil, Sun Jul 15 2:54pmMy computer was made in 2002. Took it to the computer shop recently. Was told the hard drive is too full of crap and my only outlet is buy a new computer. This one looks pretty good to me. Holds... more
- Reformat And Reload Flushing Freddie, Sat Jul 21 12:48amIf your old PC has 1.8 GHtz or faster CPU Speed; Then just upgrade the Ram. A Hard-drive that is full should ALWAYS be flushed reformatted and reloaded with the original software plus upgrades. Any... more
- I'm stuck with the new computer.. Tinfoil, Sat Jul 21 3:57pmAlready paid for it so I'd be too embarrassed to change my mind now. Will have the computer shop in Ridgecrest,Ca do all the fixins to my new computer.
- We live in a throwaway society Clawson, Tue Jul 24 3:51pmCheaper to buy new than to fix the old.
- Yes, but..... The Gryphon, Mon Jul 16 7:47amYes, that does seem to be a good deal, but the folks at the "computer shop" are just trying to sell more computers (they'll expect you'll bring in your new computer to them to install the... more
- Well it was a mystery to me.. Tinfoil, Mon Jul 16 9:24amYears ago I paid the computer shop to build a computer for me. In fact all the computers I've ever owned I had built for me. I've never had a store-bought computer. My latest computer became slow... more
- you sound like my sister trish, Thu Jul 19 4:04pmdragged into the computer age kicking and screaming ... and even now she's hesitant to use it.
- Have you done defrags? Snapdragon, Mon Jul 16 10:45amI question the horsecrap of a computer becoming a throwaway ... if you periodically delete junk, programs, files that you're no longer using and then have your PC run a defrag, that process will tidy ... more
- Re: Is this a good computer? c.c.keiser, Sun Jul 15 8:52pmhttp://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebtext.to?page=onad
- I prefer a laptop ... Snapdragon, Sun Jul 15 6:22pm... but since my two cats like the warm air from its back, they have a tendency to cuddle close on the table when I'm working there. I use canned air to blow out the fan area as the FUR tends to... more
- Never heard of ZT-Affinity, but..... c.c.keiser, Sun Jul 15 5:51pmThat is a Lot of computer for under $600. I prefer Notebooks myself, but if you like desktops that doesn't look like a bad deal for the money. Should be great for movies and videos.
- CNET seems to like it! c.c.keiser, Mon Jul 16 11:11amhttp://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/zt-affinity-7308ma/4505-3118_7-33633783.html
- I'll buy it right now.. Tinfoil, Mon Jul 16 3:07pmI did'nt want to spend a lot of money right now but it's sort of an emergency. I live in the middle of nowhere alone with my cats. Excellant communication with the planetary library as I call it... more
- Re: I'll buy it right now.. c.c.keiser, Mon Jul 16 5:52pm"Looks like it'll do everything but have sex with me." Well...it can, but...that's a very expensive upgrade. 8) 100% electronic dude!
- Bought it! Tinfoil, Mon Jul 16 3:54pm
- Looks like a Gamer's dream machine! (nm) c.c.keiser, Mon Jul 16 5:54pm
- Last games I played were Pong.. Tinfoil, Mon Jul 16 6:13pm..and Asteroids. I'm a little bit skeered by this new,ultra--modern technology. What will it do to me? Will I change? Like HAL9000 in 2010 Space Odessy,will I dream?
- Re: Last games I played... c.c.keiser, Mon Jul 16 6:28pmFor me it was Radar Rat Race on my Commodore 64. Went through 3 joy stick on the game! 8)