David F MayerIt all depends on how the inference is made.Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:28pm22.214.171.124And whether others, reasoning independently, come to the same conclusions.
I admit that the evidence for "Dark Matter" is indirect, but it is quite compelling. As far as showing images of its distribution, I am not convinced as yet.
As far as "Dark Energy" (Cosmological Term in General Relativity) is concerned, the evidence is weaker, but still rather convincing.
David F Mayer
- No Subject David F Mayer, Mon Jul 16 5:30pmhttp://www.gizmag.com/dark-matter-filaments-found/23281/ Dark matter filaments detected for the first time By Brian Dodson 08:10 July 14, 2012 A view of the distribution of dark matter in our... more
- Inference doesn't do it for me Clawson, Fri Jul 20 4:26pmAs usual the mathematics is created on the fly to fit the observed effects. That does in no way imply that "there is something there".
- It all depends on how the inference is made. David F Mayer, Sun Jul 22 6:28pm
- It is revealed that "dark" or "light" is a matter of scale Clawson, Wed Jul 18 2:08pmWe don't live in the microscopic world, so we don't see the light there. We don't live in the star world, so we don't see the light there. It is a matter of scale, and event timing cannot move across ... more
- It's a connection medium for everything. Timothy, Tue Jul 17 11:24pmI'd bet that this is the communication medium between every particle in the universe, with every other particle. The universe knows what it is doing all the time. "Spooky action over a long distance" ... more
- Looks like the synapses in the human brain! 8) (nm) c.c.keiser, Tue Jul 17 10:32am
- What if.....? Clawson, Tue Jul 17 11:15amLotsa stuff in star pictures looks eerily like that... Thinking in terms of vastly different time frames, what if....? For example, on the microscopic level major events happen while humans catch a... more
- Dark matter haunts me. Pikes, Wed Jul 18 8:01pmThey do all the time. We call it life. But the real substance of it is microscopically small, yet like stellar fusion scattered across the universe, life is uniformly scattered across the... more
- I suspect that dark matter could consist of ordinary atoms Clawson, Fri Jul 20 9:03pm...so widely dispersed that any interaction for creation of light would not be possible. It would provide the foundation structure for (dark) potential energy to exist.
- Very mysterious! The Gryphon, Tue Jul 17 6:18amForgive me, but when I read that "...the universe is filled by a lacework of dark matter filaments, upon which the visible matter in the universe is distributed like small beads." I couldn't help but ... more