mervynRe: Pilot Rocovsky MiroslavThu Apr 3, 2008 12:52188.8.131.52 (XFF: 127.0.0.1)A little more on the a/c.
501sqdn, as part of the Ibsley Wing with 118 and 234 sqdn's on 30th December 1941, undertook
operation 'Veracity II' A second mission by a large bomber force being carried out against the two German battleships, Scharnhorst & Gniesenau, moored at Brest naval base which posed a threat to the Atlantic convoys. The ships remaining basically unscathed after both bombing missions.
W3840 was flown by P/O. J.J.Guerin on this day.
- Pilot Rocovsky Miroslav jeff, Mon Mar 31 20:21looking for information on Pilot Rocovsky Miroslav lost in action over Cherbourg, 25th April 1942, in Spitfire W3840. This aircraft was named John Peel's Hunter. Thanks Jeff Wilson -Author
- Re: Pilot Rocovsky Miroslav mervyn, Thu Apr 3 12:52
- Pilot Rocovsky Miroslav Jeff, Thu Apr 3 12:55Thanks for the prompt replies. Was W3840 a 'Presentation, aircraft? Jeff
- Sgt Rocovsky Pavel Vancata, Tue Apr 1 08:01Hi Jeff what kind of info are you looking for? In my DB I have following: ROCOVSKY Miroslav 787,490 Sgt 501 Sq *18/09/1918 Skorenice + 25/04/1942 Panel No. 92 Runnymede. Missing from sweep over... more
- Re: Sgt Rocovsky Mervyn, Mon Aug 2 17:51Sergeant Karel Vrtis was also lost on this mission when his Spitfire, AB251 hit the sea.