Sgt NetopilWed Feb 18, 2009 23:12184.108.40.206 (XFF: 127.0.0.1)Hi Roger,
I'll be catching up with Dad on the w/e so I'll have to tell him you've been in touch and ask about your uncle - I know he stayed in contact with Johnnny Foster for many years (do you recall when you met Dad ?).
As for Net, I don't know much except that Dad was shot down on the same sortie (he evaded capture and returned to UK) and a couple of years later he received a photo of a crashed plane which the Air Ministry thought might be Dads. In fact it was Net's plane and it had been taken from a German POW - writing on the back seems to indicate who shot him down. But Dad never saw Net again, even after the war - research on the Web suggests he was one of those imprisoned by the communists, but that he did survive his incarceration. I found various bits and pieces on the Web which I could send you if you wish to provide your email address. Mine is email@example.com
- Correct spelling of Spitfire pilot name. Mervyn, Wed Aug 29 00:04Hi all, Sgt B. Netocil or, Netori? Correct spelling please. 19 Sqdn Spitfire AD307. s/d on Circus to Abbeville 24 March 42 Regards. Mervyn.
- Sgt B. Netopil Robert Mills, Mon Sep 1 09:07Hello Mervyn, My father was Sgt WH Mills, also s/d on 24 March 1942, and he recently mentioned that he was Sgt Nepotil's number 2 on that day. My father was also shot down but evaded capture and... more
- Bohumil Netopil Roger Henderson, Tue Feb 17 17:16Hello Robert, I met your father a number of years ago at Johnny Foster's house. My Uncle Flt/Lt Jack Henderson DFC was very friendly with 'Net' Netopil. I know he was wounded when he was taken... more
- Sgt Netopil Rob Mills, Wed Feb 18 23:12
- 24th March 1942 Mervyn, Wed Sep 3 13:54Hello Robert, The easy answer to your question is a little of both. I have a modest amount of information on Circus 116, both air forces pilot's on the 'two part' mission, combat claims of both... more
- Correct spelling munro, Wed Aug 29 07:04Hello Mervyn, his correct name is Sgt. Bohumil Netopil (787593) *1916 - + 1989 Munro
- Spelling Mervyn, Thu Aug 30 17:12Many Thanks !