David F MayerNo, it does not. You are misreading it entirely. (nm)Wed Feb 9, 2011 7:10pm188.8.131.52
- He just CITED words of support! greenman, Wed Feb 9 6:47pm"Surpassing the love of woman" doesn't suggest a more than friendly relationship to you? It's speculation, I agree, but to say there was "nothing homosexual in the relationship" is merely doctrinaire ... more
- true... (nm) donk, Thu Feb 10 3:51am
- No, it does not. You are misreading it entirely. (nm) David F Mayer, Wed Feb 9 7:10pm
- To me greenman, Wed Feb 9 7:12pm"I'm reading it differently" isn't the same as "you're misreading it entirely." But maybe that's just me.
- Viewed from the cultural context of Ancient Israel, David F Mayer, Wed Feb 9 7:41pmthe notion of male-male nonsexual love is very strong. Also, the Ancient Israelites abhorred homosexuality. I am not saying that they were right, but it was indeed detested. I doubt if King David... more
- There's no certain resolution greenman, Thu Feb 10 5:25pmWe simply don't know whether he was or wasn't. People say the same of Lincoln, again, we don't know the absolute truth of it.
- true... donk, Thu Feb 10 6:39am"...the notion of male-male nonsexual love is very strong." But that doesn't really put to bed the idea of homosexuality. I think it is a non-issue and none of our business -- much like abortion.
Religion and Ethics BBS