AnonymousTrish...directly?Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49am188.8.131.52Seriously? How can you know if it is really God speaking directly to you? It could be any number of deceiving spirits who mascarade as angels in white....
God gave His Word for foundation so that we can know the difference. Scripture is not a human invention and God offered enough proofs so that we can trust in it. Fulfilled prophecy confirms the author of those writings...as well as conversion experiences that bare out as Scripture tells us they will.
- Frank you know better Trish, Wed Feb 9 5:01pmI spent many years studying scripture in a fundamentalist setting. At that point in my life I truly believed but the more I studied, the more I researched the less credible claims became. So I... more
- Trish...directly? Anonymous, Thu Feb 10 5:49am
- Since no deity has ever written any book... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 8:25amby default, scripture IS a "human invention." And as such is NOT inerrant or infallible. The people who DID write it CLAIMED to take inspiration from "god," but it could have been any number of... more
- You are just wrong Faith, Thu Feb 10 9:18amThe Holy Scriptures are the work of God only. Sorry. He confirms His full inspiration with fulfilled prophecy. No other holy book or writings outside of the Old and New Testaments can make the same... more
- I'm sorry too---I disagree Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 9:27amgods don't write books. You can ignore that, but the overwhelming proofs say you are wrong.
- too? Faith, Thu Feb 10 9:34amDid I say I was sorry? Man cannot predict with 100% accuracy. Therefore God wrote the Bible. These Scriptures make this claim for themselves and prove it through their words--even if you can't see... more
- Not trying to convince you of anything... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 9:40amother than the fact that not everybody agrees with you. Yes, you DID say you were sorry...check back.
- I did check... Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:05amnot in this section did I say anything about being sorry...maybe elsewhere I did, but that has nothing to do with this thread. It doesn't matter. What does whether anyone else agrees with me have to... more
- Well, that's all you need Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 10:30amI dunno about you, but I really don't care what other people think about my religion or anything else.
- I don't care and I do... Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:50amI am called to try and share my faith, so I do it. I do get extremely bothered with lies and misinformation that gets thrown around regarding my faith and its source--God's Holy written Word.
- One person's lie is another's truth Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 12:09pmthat is why you get the disunity in Christianity.
- no...the disunity comes from deception Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:52pmwhere certain so-called believers are easily led away from what is written and prefer instead to entertain their own desires. There is no disunity in the true body--that's all that really matters.
- You can probably blame the pastors... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 2:11pmwho, after all, put their own spin into what their scripture says. Who can really say what the "true body" of Christianity really is any more? I don't think any of the denominations come very close... more
- Hi Truthteller Robert , Fri Feb 11 6:31amThe historical Jesus, who actually walked on Earth, never had any denomination in mind because he never had the formation of a religion in mind. What he did have in mind, was preparing people for... more
- context is everything... Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:44pmYou completely miss just "who" this generation really is.... Too bad for you : (
- who indeed Robert , Sat Feb 12 5:56am"those who are standing before me". Tell us how you reconcile saying in one breath that the Bible speaks in plain language yet when faced with a conundrum you abandon such by pulling the context... more
- we've already been through this Faith, Sun Feb 13 8:42amit was extensive..what? You can't remeber? See? That's why it is a huge waste of time.
- You are right.... Faith, Thu Feb 10 3:05pmNot one religion or denomination in particular is the true church or body of Jesus Christ. But then again, it never has been. From the very begining, deception, false teachers and unbelievers have... more
- oops that was me (nm) Faith, Thu Feb 10 5:59am
Religion and Ethics BBS