RobertYou are different FaithThu Feb 10, 2011 6:34am22.214.171.124Not to speak for Trish who seems more than capable of doing it herself, but she seems to me to be stating beliefs formulated from experiences on both sides of the fence, whereas your beliefs are formulated from your singular closed minded stance (which is legendary here on the bbs).
Your offhanded dismissal and disrespect of lifelong scholars is clearly based on ignorance and fear----the twin enemies of truth. You are ignorant of what scholars who dedicate their lives to Biblical scholarship actually do to support their scholarship, and you indeed fear some of their findings.
Clinging to Paulinity and it's free pass to Gentiles versus the historically sound teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, betrays your claim of "learning, growing, and experiencing." Closed minds have no such "journey".
Literal/devotional only Bible reading and message board thumping is what's uninspired. Devoting one's life to searching for the truth is---inspirational.
- Trish...where's the desperation? Faith, Thu Feb 10 5:41amI simply tell it like it is from a biblical perspective. You seem like the one bothered... I am not trying to prove anything. I know what is the truth and I am simply telling it as I am called to do. ... more
- You are different Faith Robert , Thu Feb 10 6:34am
- lol...you crack me up... Faith, Thu Feb 10 6:50amSo in your opinion...one needs always to remain completely open to all and any deception that's thrown their way? Sitting on the fence is better than having found the truth and then protecting it... more
- Hardly Robert , Thu Feb 10 7:10amMy opinion is... one should use their brains (confidently if they have any) to weigh historically sound research if they in fact are truth seeking. Presuppositions of said research being "deceptive", ... more
- I've already done that... Anonymous, Thu Feb 10 7:19amBut at some point Robert, you have to settle the matter..unless you haven't found the trth of course. Certainly keep looking. But when the day comes that God finally sees your sincerity and He... more
- Really!? Robert , Thu Feb 10 7:28amWhat was the kindergarden teacher trying to tell you? Ok, just kidding. Now as to Him revealing Himself to me----what was it you just said to Trish about "directly"?
- God revealed Himself to me Faith, Thu Feb 10 7:30amthrough His Word, Robert. I didn't experience some mystical apparition. Sorry to disappoint you.
- Except it is not his word Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:27pmFaith, Just what some human authrors put together and then claimed it was God's word.
- That's your misguided opinion.. Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:42pmnothing more... Those of us who have exprerienced rebirth and know Him through His Word would beg to differ with you greatly.
- oops that was me (nm) Faith, Thu Feb 10 7:20am
Religion and Ethics BBS