RobertAnd yet another ruleThu Feb 10, 2011 6:51am22.214.171.124is to not bring a closed mind to the board----oops!
- another rule breaking poster in this thread Faith, Thu Feb 10 6:22amWe are not to call anyone a liar, Christopher...Ken's rule...not mine. The only person making unsupported claims is the author of this article that we are all debating.
- You're not exactly "debating," are you? greenman, Thu Feb 10 5:31pmMore like demanding, insisting, and oh yeah, whining...:)
- And yet another rule Robert , Thu Feb 10 6:51am
- You know therer is a thing to be said about an open mind, Gvu, Thu Feb 10 7:16amopened like a sewer. Not accusing you of having one, but that it can a negative; a detriment to the soul. Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as... more
- Sewers Robert , Thu Feb 10 8:31amAn open sewer at least gets fresh air---a closed one stinks to the high heavens.
- ?stinks to the high heavens??, anyway I was thinking of an Gvu, Thu Feb 10 8:45amopenness that stays clean like a trout stream, that won't be a detriment to one's soul. Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and... more
- You confuse my assurance Faith, Thu Feb 10 6:55amand confidence that I have found the truth with closedmindedness. Ya know, Robert...at some point in time, you have to find what you are looking for. I have. No need to be led astray at this point.... more
- Interesting Robert , Thu Feb 10 7:22amNow Faith, if you will, please share with us the multiple sources of your assurance/confidence----remember now, you have already mentioned your multifaceted yet nonspecific "journey". Please feel... more
- Not playing the game Robert Faith, Thu Feb 10 7:27amMy born-again conversion was very real, something I experienced after years of seeking God in all the wrong places. The one thin that was true of me is that I wanted God wherever it was that He was... more
- Specific as mud-many thanks. Robert , Thu Feb 10 7:40amNot playing the game----or, not facing the music as to not having a source other than your literal/devotional only consumption!? Pretty obvious to both your ilk and others here. How bout just 4 or 5... more
- Those who know me Faith, Thu Feb 10 8:02amand have posted in depth with me over the years know very well that I am an informed believer. However, it isn't by my study or research that I became born-again. My study and research came... more
- Finally! Thanks, Faith Robert , Thu Feb 10 8:27amWow, did that have to be so painful? We finally know the truth----your defensive "journey" statement earlier in this thread to Trish was just Toro dung. And your "assurance/confidence" in fact only... more
- you are sounding a bit desperate Robert..why? Faith, Thu Feb 10 9:22amI've been posting for almost 12 years..so, you are a little behind. Just remember to put on the armor of God when you come to find the answers you are still looking for., so thatr you can start to... more
- huh? Desparate? r u serious? Robert , Thu Feb 10 10:08amIf you comprehend my posts in this thread as "desparate" in any way whatsoever, then maybe my suggestions to you to read, study, and research may be off base. I do however appreciate you finally... more
- certainly desperate if you need to claim Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:18amvictory as you did with the false statement that I admitted that I am "no well read/researched poster" and that now that I have have "fessed up" I will "no longer claim to be." What utter ridiculous... more
- Zero need to claim Robert , Thu Feb 10 11:19amanything of the sort. The only need here is one of intellectual honesty. You claimed a multifaceted "journey" of study etc. was the source of your assurances/confidence. I challenged you to share... more
- I was clear that I am not interested in games Faith, Thu Feb 10 11:36amI also did not say i didn't have the time, I said that it would take the kind of time that I wasn't willing to give--for obvious reasons. The bottom line Robert, is that rebirth is not the result of... more
Religion and Ethics BBS