RobertHardlyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:10am188.8.131.52My opinion is... one should use their brains (confidently if they have any) to weigh historically sound research if they in fact are truth seeking. Presuppositions of said research being "deceptive", equates to a closed mind with no hope of understanding the truth, or at least the truth as best we can determine.
An unwillingness to pursue, or fear of, available evidence, equates to a lack of faith.
Presenting a deaf ear to contextually sound facts is akin to a little girl in kindergarden with her fingers in her ears, babbling to drown out what she doesn't wish to hear from the adult teacher.
Btw Faith, "lol...you crack me up" replies are silly, weak, and juvenile.
- lol...you crack me up... Faith, Thu Feb 10 6:50amSo in your opinion...one needs always to remain completely open to all and any deception that's thrown their way? Sitting on the fence is better than having found the truth and then protecting it... more
- Hardly Robert , Thu Feb 10 7:10am
- I've already done that... Anonymous, Thu Feb 10 7:19amBut at some point Robert, you have to settle the matter..unless you haven't found the trth of course. Certainly keep looking. But when the day comes that God finally sees your sincerity and He... more
- Really!? Robert , Thu Feb 10 7:28amWhat was the kindergarden teacher trying to tell you? Ok, just kidding. Now as to Him revealing Himself to me----what was it you just said to Trish about "directly"?
- God revealed Himself to me Faith, Thu Feb 10 7:30amthrough His Word, Robert. I didn't experience some mystical apparition. Sorry to disappoint you.
- Except it is not his word Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:27pmFaith, Just what some human authrors put together and then claimed it was God's word.
- That's your misguided opinion.. Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:42pmnothing more... Those of us who have exprerienced rebirth and know Him through His Word would beg to differ with you greatly.
- oops that was me (nm) Faith, Thu Feb 10 7:20am
Religion and Ethics BBS