MoraithNone of what you just posted supports your originalThu Feb 10, 2011 8:49am18.104.22.168claim that faith is knowing something with confidence.
You can have a strong conviction, you can firmly believe and completely trust in that with which you have faith, but you cannot, by definition, know.
I never said anything about believing that faith is a wishy washy blind hope. Try and pay attention to what I'm actually saying and not what you think that I'm saying.
- again... Faith, Thu Feb 10 7:53amthe meaning of faith that i adhere to not only comes from God's Word but it is confirmed in every day living. Really., who actually believes that faith means a wishy washy blind hope? When someone... more
- None of what you just posted supports your original Moraith, Thu Feb 10 8:49am
- Maybe you can't.... Faith, Thu Feb 10 9:10amOr maybe you can't quite imagine it...but I don't put my faith in anything that i am not quite sure of...and although I may not be able to prove it to you...that doesn't mean I am not convicted.
- Surety or being convicted in your faith Moraith, Thu Feb 10 9:51amisn't the same as knowledge. I'm not trying to say that you aren't sure of your faith. I'm simply stating that surety isn't the same as knowing something to be true.
- again Moriath... Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:00amI am sure of my knowledge about God, for example. I can't prove He exists to you--But I have no doubts. I believe what is revealed in the Scriptures--which is chock-full-of knowledge. I can't prove... more
- We're getting off topic Moraith, Thu Feb 10 10:30amI don't expect you to prove your faith to me. I'm not even asking you to do so. I merely pointed out that your original definition of faith was wrong. You've even demonstrated that your were... more
- No definition can be wrong... Poppet, Thu Feb 10 10:55am...when someone just makes up the lexicon as they go along. Convenient, innit...? =P
- It is quite convenient Moraith, Thu Feb 10 10:56amI wish I could twist my brain about in such as way as to never be wrong about anything. It would make life simpler, don't you think?
- well we will just have to agree to disagree Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:47ambecause i believe that the definition found in the dictionary is much like the one found in God's Word. Maybe we are just talking past each other.
Religion and Ethics BBS