Uru HammerYou Changed The Question - Why? Afraid?Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44am184.108.40.206Answer the question as asked. If your brain is removed, but machines keep your body alive, are YOU still present?
- what a dumb question... Faith, Thu Feb 10 9:40amif someone kills someone by ripping their brain out then no, they aren't still living! Your point being???????
- I beg to differ on that one ... Mondo Fuego™, Fri Feb 11 9:52am... Hammer's brain has been ripped out, and he's still alive and posting the same old litany of abortion and homosexuality. LOL
- You Changed The Question - Why? Afraid? Uru Hammer, Thu Feb 10 9:44am
- you are avoiding the simple answer Faith, Thu Feb 10 9:56amif someone's brain is removed..have they not been killed? Obviously yes, because they need a machine to keep them alive. This is not the case with a fetus...it's brain, while not completely... more
- You Avoided The Question Again... Uru Hammer, Thu Feb 10 5:37pmAnd it is obvious why. The question illustrates that you don't hold to your own point. It is not about life. It is about sentience, consciousness, personhood. The mother of the fetus is the machine... more
- Sorry Hammer... Faith, Fri Feb 11 12:21pmBut a baby whose brain is not fully debeloped yet, cannot be compared to a person whose brain is missing. It is not justifiable to kill anyone....whether you are ripping their brains out or aborting... more
- Actually, Yes, The Comparison Is Apt... Uru Hammer, Fri Feb 11 1:14pmno brain = no mind = no person no person = no moral issue with terminating the fetus Uru Oh, and by the way, a machine keeping a person alive who does not have a brain to do it for themselves, and a... more
- The difference.. Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:19pmA fetus does have a brain......however small and underdeveloped it may be..it will grow and become fully formed unless you kill-it-off. Same cannot be said of someone whose brain has already been... more
Religion and Ethics BBS