TruthtellerGood point, Sym...Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:06am22.214.171.124"you'll encourage them to have one more and bump up the amount they receive in aid without having to lift a finger looking for work?"
Bingo. Repubs want to have it both ways, it seems. On one hand, they vigorously protest abortion, but they ALSO protest welfare, medicaid, etc. without stopping to think that abolishing one is going to increase the other.
Just one more example of how they need a ticket to the Clue Bus.
- unfortunately Faith this returns me to the previous question sym, Thu Feb 10 9:51amWhat do people who are anti-abortion plan to do for all the LIVING children on this planet already without proper homes? What are you going to do for those people who choose to keep a baby only to... more
- Christian charities Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:09amare innumerous......these women have options. Abortion should not be one of them. And adoption is always an option when all else fails and women still wind-up pregnant. No baby is better off dead... more
- No where near enough to hanlde the problem Christopher Blackwell, Thu Feb 10 7:02pmFaith, If Christian Charities were able to handle these problems they would. but the fact is they are not nearly able to handle the load, which is why the government is forced to step in. Back in the ... more
- I think you make stuff up... Faith, Fri Feb 11 12:16pmThe answer is still "not" to kill them...but maybe we should go after those greedy business people who made it impossible to afford to adopt a child or a baby. It shouldn't cost a young couple 50,000 ... more
- Nope, just study different stuff Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 5:45pmFaith, Maybe we should tell people that can't have babies, tough luck. God has decided you can do without. But as I said, there is no right to life, and never has been. Not in nature and not from... more
- Really? Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:14pmSo how do you then justify killing the mbabies god has given to those who are simply unapreciative? Shouldn't we be telling them that oh well...tough luck, God has decided you will not do without... more
- adoption obviously always isn't an option sym, Thu Feb 10 10:52amor there wouldn't be homeless children would there?
- most of the "homeless" children Faith, Thu Feb 10 11:12amare part of a family that is homeless. Some of these families are not willing to give up their children. This is a different issue and it has nothing to do with the topic of abortion. There are... more
- and what about the older kids still without a sym, Thu Feb 10 12:51pmfamily - its ok to overlook them just to have another baby in the world? how about the babies people don't want because their high maintenance and challenged - oh, do bring those into the world and... more
- One really has nothing to do with the other..sorry Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:38pmNice try, but all I can see here is more attempts at justifying killing unborn babies...as if that is going to solve the other problems you bring up. Those older kids are not getting overlooked... more
- Good point, Sym... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 10:06am
- I don't think its a political thing so much sym, Thu Feb 10 10:54amas a HUMAN thing - they are so wrapped up in a belief system that they cannot see what a decision like reversing a woman's righ to abortion could (and would) eventually do to this nation. Shudder.
- the real time to shudder Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:56pmwould be when we as a nation start to actually believe that in order to save life, we must first kill the unborn off.
- Well better birth control would help immensely Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 5:59pmFaith, But then the anti abortion crowd is against birth control as well. Yes I do read the stuff that they send out.
- Also scientific sexual education Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:02pmFaith, Less need for abortions when kids get scientific sex education. The highest birth and abortion rates are in districts that just teach no sex.
Religion and Ethics BBS