TruthtellerNevertheless, they ARE the majority...Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:28am220.127.116.11http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordination_of_women
Today, over half of all American Protestant denominations ordain women, but some restrict the official positions a woman can hold. For instance, some ordain women for the military or hospital chaplaincy but prohibit them from serving in congregational roles. Over one-third of all seminary students (and in some seminaries nearly half) are female 
- so?? Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:24amNumerous so-called Christian denominations aren't any better of than the Catholic Church when it comes to apostasy.
- Nevertheless, they ARE the majority... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 10:28am
- I hate to keep saying "so?"...but Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:43amso? And there is nothing wrong with women going into seminary...but they cannot use their education as pastors. There are plenty of other ways to serve in the church. Matt 7:13-14 “Enter through the... more
- Maybe not in Baptist churches Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 12:08pmbut they do in others, whether you like it or not.
- again, not to keep at it, but Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:43pmSo?
- And after checking it out, even the Baptists... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 12:15pmdo in SOME of their churches: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Baptists-954/Women-Ministers.htm As far as baptists are concerned, you would get several different answers. First of all, Baptists uphold the... more
- I only care about what the Bible says on the matter... Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:45pmanyone who ignores the clear biblical teaching, does so at their own peril..
- They don't appear to think they are Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 2:07pmdid you read the article at the link I posted?
- I know the Bible Faith, Thu Feb 10 2:38pmDoesn't matter what they think...
- It does to them Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 3:16pmNOBODY has the absolute truth---NOBODY.
- Well I think that you are wrong about that Faith, Thu Feb 10 4:33pmGod's Word is truth.
- Except it is man's word, not god's Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:21pmFaith isn't talking and we have people claiming to speak for him. That does not mean that they are however. Holy Books are interesting, but no one has ever proven that any of them was inspired by... more
- God has proven Himself Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:36pmthrough fulfilled prophecy..but I guess you keep missing that fact. You should venture on a journey and try to discover something new...
- God isn't speaking, men wrote the book. (nm) Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:22pm
- saying it again, doesn't make it so. (nm) Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:37pm
- No, because it IS so Truthteller, Sat Feb 12 10:03amGODS DON'T WRITE BOOKS. Mainly because gods have never been proven to exist. And that's the way it will stay until some god appears before the world and says differently.
- already happened! (nm) Faith, Sun Feb 13 8:41am
- A human being trying to pass himself off as a god... Truthteller, Sun Feb 13 11:01amdoesn't qualify.
- If a god ever says anything... Truthteller, Fri Feb 11 7:21amthat might be the case. But so far, no god ever has.
Religion and Ethics BBS