FaithI hate to keep saying "so?"...butThu Feb 10, 2011 10:43am126.96.36.199so? And there is nothing wrong with women going into seminary...but they cannot use their education as pastors. There are plenty of other ways to serve in the church.
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
- Nevertheless, they ARE the majority... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 10:28amhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordination_of_women Today, over half of all American Protestant denominations ordain women, but some restrict the official positions a woman can hold. For instance,... more
- I hate to keep saying "so?"...but Faith, Thu Feb 10 10:43am
- Maybe not in Baptist churches Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 12:08pmbut they do in others, whether you like it or not.
- again, not to keep at it, but Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:43pmSo?
- And after checking it out, even the Baptists... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 12:15pmdo in SOME of their churches: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Baptists-954/Women-Ministers.htm As far as baptists are concerned, you would get several different answers. First of all, Baptists uphold the... more
- I only care about what the Bible says on the matter... Faith, Thu Feb 10 1:45pmanyone who ignores the clear biblical teaching, does so at their own peril..
- They don't appear to think they are Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 2:07pmdid you read the article at the link I posted?
- I know the Bible Faith, Thu Feb 10 2:38pmDoesn't matter what they think...
- It does to them Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 3:16pmNOBODY has the absolute truth---NOBODY.
- Well I think that you are wrong about that Faith, Thu Feb 10 4:33pmGod's Word is truth.
- Except it is man's word, not god's Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:21pmFaith isn't talking and we have people claiming to speak for him. That does not mean that they are however. Holy Books are interesting, but no one has ever proven that any of them was inspired by... more
- God has proven Himself Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:36pmthrough fulfilled prophecy..but I guess you keep missing that fact. You should venture on a journey and try to discover something new...
- God isn't speaking, men wrote the book. (nm) Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 6:22pm
- saying it again, doesn't make it so. (nm) Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:37pm
- No, because it IS so Truthteller, Sat Feb 12 10:03amGODS DON'T WRITE BOOKS. Mainly because gods have never been proven to exist. And that's the way it will stay until some god appears before the world and says differently.
- already happened! (nm) Faith, Sun Feb 13 8:41am
- A human being trying to pass himself off as a god... Truthteller, Sun Feb 13 11:01amdoesn't qualify.
- If a god ever says anything... Truthteller, Fri Feb 11 7:21amthat might be the case. But so far, no god ever has.
Religion and Ethics BBS