Christopher BlackwellGee but it doesn't affect ourThu Feb 10, 2011 6:53pm188.8.131.52Mondo Fuego™
of over a hundred thousand humans in iraq and Afghanistan.
Ecept that human life does not move seamlessly.
Most sperm and eggs, never get together and most fertilized eggs do not result in babies being born. You see this all through nature with only a small fracting making it to birth, and far less or adulthood. The increase in humans making to such is do to meddling by man, what is known as medical care. None of this was normal until recent times, most of it in the last century.
Left to nature, or god most of us would not make it past age thirty.
- Abortion is still ... Mondo Fuego™, Thu Feb 10 10:53am... the killing of an individual who is developing. Scientific, medical and legal terms do not alter or mitigate the Ten Commandments: "Thou Shalt Not Kill". This is nothing but a Hammerism: "If... more
- "Thou shalt not kill" Bob the builder, Fri Feb 11 2:09amSo you don't approve of the death penalty and you're a vegetarian, then?
- But I try to avoid ... Mondo Fuego™, Fri Feb 11 8:57am... eating live bacteria, viruses and fungi (except edible 'shrooms). And, nobody ever asked me to approve of the death penalty ... when was the vote? ;)
- and wars and drunk driving... donk - laughing, Fri Feb 11 5:47amand about a million other things that kill. Mostly, it is about interfering in the business of others...
- Gee but it doesn't affect our Christopher Blackwell, Thu Feb 10 6:53pm
- Surely ... Mondo Fuego™, Thu Feb 10 8:37pm... you had a relevant point ... I seem to vagurly recall that we were not talking about Iraq or Afghanistan, or the sperm and eggs which never get together, or how long we would live if left to... more
- Not all killing is murder Christopher Blackwell, Fri Feb 11 5:39pmMondo Fuego™ So we do pick and choose which ones we get all upset about.
- Correcting You. Uru Hammer, Thu Feb 10 5:33pmI do not argue about when life begins. Life is continuous. That is not the issue. As I pointed out before, tumors are alive, yet we kill them. No, tumors are not fetuses, and I am not saying that... more
- Ultimately, it all boils down to ... Mondo Fuego™, Thu Feb 10 8:33pm... beliefs. Mine are correct ... yours are misguided ... and you can't prove otherwise. Heh heh heh
- That's As May Be - After All, You Are Ancient And Wise... Uru Hammer, Fri Feb 11 6:05am...but thankfully, we are protected from each others' beliefs. Uru
- "Individuals" have been born greenman, Thu Feb 10 5:15pmFetuses simply are not "individuals" yet. Nor are they "babies," as anti-choice emotional blackmailers like to pretend.
- I think the fetus gradually develops into a living human. Ken C, Thu Feb 10 11:42amI don't see things as only black/white.
- In my opinion... SES, Thu Feb 10 11:34am...I have no issue with aborting a newly-fertilized human egg. At that point, it's roughly the size of the period at the end of this sentence. In my opinion, a fully-formed full-term fetus should NOT ... more
- You are entitled to your opinion ... Mondo Fuego™, Thu Feb 10 5:19pm... you could potentially have a problem if your opinion does not pass the muster with a higher authority. Just my opinion, of course.
- What difference would it make? SES, Fri Feb 11 8:17amIf I've never had an abortion, and never tried to convince anyone to HAVE an abortion, how would that make any difference to a "higher authority"? Would I get sent to hell for my OPINION?
- No ... Mondo Fuego™, Fri Feb 11 9:50am... it would be just your OPINION that goes to hell ... in a handbasket. :) Heh heh heh
- Piece of cake. PureStevil, Thu Feb 10 11:09amThe picosecond that the fetus becomes a human being is the same one in which it qualifies as a dependent on the federal income tax form. If you want to move that status of human being to an earlier... more
- There ya go ... Mondo Fuego™, Thu Feb 10 5:16pm... with another legal definition. Tax laws change all the time ... The Ten Commandments don't. Oh, and good luck with that. :)
- Yep. Legal. And that's how it must stay. PureStevil, Fri Feb 11 6:38amAbortion must remain legal. Whether it's the right or wrong thing to do is something that belongs to the individual. Oh, and those "commandments" do change from time to time too. :-)... more
- LOL @ You & The Ten Commandments. Uru Hammer, Thu Feb 10 5:42pmIs this Sparta? NO! This is America. Freedom of religion. You are welcome to hold your beliefs on abortion. Just don't think you can force them on others. Uru
- Why do you think I am ... Mondo Fuego™, Thu Feb 10 8:43pm... trying to force my beliefs about abortion on others? ... how could I, when you are so busy trying to force your beliefs about abortion on everyone? Sheesh! But, you see, not everyone is buying... more
- Not everyone follows or cares about the 10 commandments Truthteller, Fri Feb 11 7:18amyou DO understand that, right? Though if you did, it would seem that you'd have better sense than to continue bringing it up.
- Not much different than ... Mondo Fuego™, Fri Feb 11 9:48am... bringing up the same old erroneous rationalizations about abortion, huh? The topic has been beaten to death over the years, and nobody's view has changed one iota .
Religion and Ethics BBS