SproutWould it?Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:13pm18.104.22.1681. Caretaker/responsibility for children? Heck, we have folks with kids who have been married and divorced multiple times with kids from each marriage... We already have the processes in place for LEGAL responsibility. The social expectations of responsibility will come naturally as do all social standards whether we like'em or not.
2. As above, the legal standards are already in place given all of the divorced and half brother half sister, step brother, step sister families we already have.
3. They levels of mysticism and prudery are vanishing rapidly. Just think of how things were just fifty years ago versus today.
4. Of course if the world degenerates to Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, all bets are off as doubtless many unexpected and unplanned social changes would occur in a post-apocalyptic world.
- That would require several major paradigm shifts. PureStevil, Thu Feb 10 6:59am1. There would have to be a dramatic change in how caretaker and financial responsibility for the upbringing of young occurs. 2. I don't see how the above could occur unless there were some radically ... more
- Would it? Sprout, Thu Feb 10 7:13pm
Religion and Ethics BBS