SESThis is an indication that government supported charities...Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11am22.214.171.124...can be cut, along with every other government agency.
Cut everything, across the board.
Defense, Education, Welfare, Food Stamps, everything.
The government wastes at LEAST 10% of every dollar it spends.
I agree with you. A family that can use Food Stamps to go out for dinner shouldn't be on Food Stamps in the first place.
- I agree, much to your surprise; it should not be allowed. sT, Thu Feb 10 6:10pmGov. aid should be reserved for those who need it & not wasted on restaurants.
- This is an indication that government supported charities... SES, Fri Feb 11 6:11am
- I disagree with cutting Food Stamps. These days they should sT, Fri Feb 11 10:05ambe made MORE avail. Wrong that people should have to sell off what little stock savings they have in bad times just to put food on the table. There goes their retirement along w/S.S. after the tCONS... more
- This isn't about "cutting Food Stamps". SES, Fri Feb 11 10:35amIt's about making sure that the people who GET Food Stamps actually NEED them. Whether anyone should be able to get them at ALL is a different topic.
- If the family bread winner loses his job thanks to a BUSTED sT, Fri Feb 11 11:28amEconomy, Food Stamps SHOULD BE READILY AVAILABLE, withOUT forcing life savings to be cashed in.
- Now on THAT we disagree. SES, Fri Feb 11 11:55amIf a family has, for example, $50,000 in the bank, they should NOT be getting Food Stamps. That would be ridiculous. Food Stamps are supposed to be for people who are in desperate need. People with... more
- Unemployment won't pay the mortgage. Do U REALLY want to sT, Fri Feb 11 2:43pmkick kids out onto the streets or take away a life savings that some1 is hoping to add to their S.S. when they get too old to drag themselves to work every day?
Religion and Ethics BBS