RobertHi TruthtellerFri Feb 11, 2011 6:31am184.108.40.206The historical Jesus, who actually walked on Earth, never had any denomination in mind because he never had the formation of a religion in mind. What he did have in mind, was preparing people for what he believed was the SOON to come Kingdom....on Earth.
As Faith has posted---wtte: common words in the Bible mean what common words commonly mean, i.e. "this" and "generation"----pretty clear, huh?
- You can probably blame the pastors... Truthteller, Thu Feb 10 2:11pmwho, after all, put their own spin into what their scripture says. Who can really say what the "true body" of Christianity really is any more? I don't think any of the denominations come very close... more
- Hi Truthteller Robert , Fri Feb 11 6:31am
- context is everything... Faith, Fri Feb 11 7:44pmYou completely miss just "who" this generation really is.... Too bad for you : (
- who indeed Robert , Sat Feb 12 5:56am"those who are standing before me". Tell us how you reconcile saying in one breath that the Bible speaks in plain language yet when faced with a conundrum you abandon such by pulling the context... more
- we've already been through this Faith, Sun Feb 13 8:42amit was extensive..what? You can't remeber? See? That's why it is a huge waste of time.
Religion and Ethics BBS