sTCONS ARE DESTROYING the MIDDLE CLASS with theirFri Feb 11, 2011 1:49pm18.104.22.168HALFtruthLIES about jobs.
FIXEDnews&CONS have IMMENSELY GREATENED the VERY REAL DESPARITY between the poor and the SUPER & ULTRA RICH with their rants against unions & support for tax cuts for the SUPER&ULTRArich. The MIDDLE CLASS has SIGNIFICANTLY SHRUNK over the past couple of decades thanks also to the tax policies of RAYgun & bush. THESE ARE REAL FACTS!
What GLOOM&DOOMbeck & the rest of your FIXEDnewsCONS doN'T understand about REAL HISTORY is that MOST OF HISTORY had NO MIDDLE CLASS! MOST PEOPLE WERE DIRT POOR!
Our UNIQUE MIDDLE CLASS was a product of social-safety nets like S.S. that allowed US to invest with the belief that there would at least be SOMETHING at the end of our lives if all else failed (Japan lacks that, as does MOST OF THE WORLD), AND the rise of labor unions which gave the working enough of an income to afford a family & house of their own.
AND what animatedCLOWNbeck & WHINYpalin would do is return US to a time when the UNfortunate old wandered the streets looking for the POORhouse OR a HAND-OUT --- U know, "FAITH, HOPE & CHARITY"! NONE of which would a self respecting individual EVER want to have to rely on.
- You do understand... donk, Sat Feb 12 5:56amthe middle class is very much an American thing and it will be gone just as soon as the wealthy can get rich on the backs of the poor -- again. Why? I have no idea, but if an economy depends on... more
- I BELIEVE that We The People can OVERCOME FIXEDnews if we sT, Sat Feb 12 9:51pmcan just awaken enough of US to their hate for the middle class which was built with unions. We need to spread unions into China. I also believe in the spirit of small business & a strong social... more
- Please don't use so many capital letters in the subject Ken (Admin), Fri Feb 11 2:47pmPlease don't use all capital letters for more than two words in the subject line. http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?id=175790;article=1410580;search_term=capitalize
- I better die early. lol SES, Fri Feb 11 2:03pmI have my Social Security report from last year. Since I started working in 1980, they say I've paid about $70,000 into Social Security. They say that at my current earnings rate, my full benefit... more
- If U weren't such a MORON, U would know that U can continue sT, Thu Aug 30 11:22pmworking & paying into the system while getting the S.S. benefit at even higher rates when U DO END UP NEEDING IT, UNless U CONS take it away from YOUR GENERATION!
- works for me... (nm) donk, Sun Feb 13 4:18am
- Assuming there were actuaries involved cc, Fri Feb 11 8:17pm...they counted on other potential recipients dying off before they had collected what they paid in. Now you know why governments don't outlaw tobacco use! The other factor that you have ignored is... more
- I sure don't intend to wait... Truthteller, Fri Feb 11 2:27pmtill I am 67. Since a few family members didn't even make it to 67, I'm not going to bet on it! I'll start collecting at 62 (provided there's anything left to collect, that is).
- My oldest brother died at 65 cc, Fri Feb 11 8:20pm...from smoking. My father died at 72 from tobacco use.
- It's INSURANCE. We need to STRENGTHEN it by removing the sT, Fri Feb 11 2:18pmcap on the SUPER&ULTRArich; NOT destroy it.
Religion and Ethics BBS