SESI better die early. lolFri Feb 11, 2011 2:03pm18.104.22.168I have my Social Security report from last year.
Since I started working in 1980, they say I've paid about $70,000 into Social Security.
They say that at my current earnings rate, my full benefit will be about $2,220 a month (before they steal some back in taxes, I assume).
Assuming that I work for 10 more years, and start getting my Social Security at age 67, I'll have gotten back what I've put in in only about 5 years.
After that, Social Security for me will be taxpayer Charity.
I better die before I turn 72.
- CONS ARE DESTROYING the MIDDLE CLASS with their sT, Fri Feb 11 1:49pmHALFtruthLIES about jobs. http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/the-u.s.-middle-class-is-being-wiped-out-here's-the-stats-to-prove-it-520657.html?tickers=^DJI,^GSPC,SPY,MCD,WMT,XRT,DIA FIXEDnews&CONS... more
- You do understand... donk, Sat Feb 12 5:56amthe middle class is very much an American thing and it will be gone just as soon as the wealthy can get rich on the backs of the poor -- again. Why? I have no idea, but if an economy depends on... more
- I BELIEVE that We The People can OVERCOME FIXEDnews if we sT, Sat Feb 12 9:51pmcan just awaken enough of US to their hate for the middle class which was built with unions. We need to spread unions into China. I also believe in the spirit of small business & a strong social... more
- Please don't use so many capital letters in the subject Ken (Admin), Fri Feb 11 2:47pmPlease don't use all capital letters for more than two words in the subject line. http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?id=175790;article=1410580;search_term=capitalize
- I better die early. lol SES, Fri Feb 11 2:03pm
- If U weren't such a MORON, U would know that U can continue sT, Thu Aug 30 11:22pmworking & paying into the system while getting the S.S. benefit at even higher rates when U DO END UP NEEDING IT, UNless U CONS take it away from YOUR GENERATION!
- works for me... (nm) donk, Sun Feb 13 4:18am
- Assuming there were actuaries involved cc, Fri Feb 11 8:17pm...they counted on other potential recipients dying off before they had collected what they paid in. Now you know why governments don't outlaw tobacco use! The other factor that you have ignored is... more
- I sure don't intend to wait... Truthteller, Fri Feb 11 2:27pmtill I am 67. Since a few family members didn't even make it to 67, I'm not going to bet on it! I'll start collecting at 62 (provided there's anything left to collect, that is).
- My oldest brother died at 65 cc, Fri Feb 11 8:20pm...from smoking. My father died at 72 from tobacco use.
- It's INSURANCE. We need to STRENGTHEN it by removing the sT, Fri Feb 11 2:18pmcap on the SUPER&ULTRArich; NOT destroy it.
Religion and Ethics BBS