donkI wonder why she notices.... (nm)Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:26pm184.108.40.206
- My wife works at a small "Nature Food" store. David F Mayer, Fri Feb 11 12:30pmShe frequently has customers who drive up in new and expensive cars and pay for their groceries with food stamps. David F Mayer
- I wonder why she notices.... (nm) donk, Fri Feb 11 5:26pm
- Sometimes you can't ignore it Truthteller, Sat Feb 12 9:48amwe have a couple of large Mexican families who use them in the store and then go out and load up their groceries in their nice, new Escalade.
- I can a;ways ignore it... donk, Sat Feb 12 1:25pm"There but for the grace of God go I" is a big cliche' with me, so I simply do not pay any attention to what others are doing. I do pay attention to the T&A they want to display, but that's got... more
- I do---it's more amusing Truthteller, Sat Feb 12 4:16pmand in the case of the welfare queen in an Escalade, somewhat more annoying as well.
- I was in the back seat of a car cc, Fri Feb 11 1:44pm...on the way to inspect and review a computer system in another California county. Sitting beside me was the manager of the welfare accounting systems for our county. I commented to him about one of ... more
- so, you have a problem with buying people off... donk, Fri Feb 11 5:28pmso they'll stay out of the workforce?
- a lot of votes for people with that attitude! shadow, Fri Feb 11 3:49pmWe put up with it; we pay for it.
- What? Do you mean that you see something wrong with.... SES, Fri Feb 11 2:10pm...people being on welfare for years and years and years, and then taking vacation trips to Spain? You heartless bastid, you. lol The whole welfare system needs to be scrapped and reworked. Just like ... more
- What got me was that manager's POV cc, Fri Feb 11 2:36pm...abide by a strict interpretation of the rules as written and "all is well". Note, however - if he DID NOT go by the rules as written he would have been in serious trouble.
- I told my Boss some of the stories my daughter tells me... SES, Fri Feb 11 12:34pm...and he said that he was in line behind a woman who was in an Army uniform with a small child. She was using Food Stamps. The kid wanted a candy bar, and she said they were just getting food and he ... more
- Is it possible that it wasn't her vehicle? Moraith, Fri Feb 11 12:41pmPerhaps she was borrowing it from a friend or family member.
- If they have friends or family that can... SES, Fri Feb 11 12:59pm...lend them a BMW, then they have friends or family that can lend them 40 bucks for groceries. I guess it's easier to just take money from strangers that you don't ever actually have to meet... more
- Simply because a person can afford nice things Moraith, Fri Feb 11 7:15pmdoesn't mean that they can afford to pay for another person's bills. Perhaps the owner of the BMW has assets that are liquid. I'm just offering another possibility.
- **aren't (nm) Moraith, Fri Feb 11 7:15pm
- Maybe they owned an old, beat up BMW.... KR, Fri Feb 11 2:11pm...and it was in the shop. They give you a brand new one as a loaner.
Religion and Ethics BBS