wonderingNot necessarily true.Tue Aug 2, 2011 8:54am126.96.36.199
Each nation may apply foreign aid in the manner they PERCEIVE best suits its needs, but their perceptions may well be wrong.
Some people may "perceive" that to support Israel means that "God" will be on their side, which is highly doubtful or dubious from other viewpoints.
How much sense does it make to support a tiny nation (that doesn't even have any resources that we need) which only causes friction and resentment between us and the nations that do have something (oil) that we want or need? And yet, there are many superstitious people who apparently think it makes perfect sense.
- I am simply stating fact.. Sprout, Tue Aug 2 5:41amEach nation WILL apply foreign aid in the manner that best suits its own needs... I can bitch about it if I want, but it doesn't change the FACTS. The US supports gov'ts that China doesn't like.... more
- Maybe so but the effect can be devastating. Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 1:29amHave you got an opinion of yourself on that? Ζεύς
- The effect of what? Sprout, Wed Aug 3 5:28amThe effect of bitching on a bbs? LOL...
- The stupid acts of boycoting others or worse. Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 5:50amNever mind. Ζεύς
- Not necessarily true. wondering, Tue Aug 2 8:54am
- I stated that quite specifically in my last paragraph... Sprout, Tue Aug 2 9:00amI already covered that it isn't Zeus' opinion as to what is in the US gov'ts best interest, but it is the US gov'ts opinion as to what is in its best interest. And frankly, that is the only point of... more
- And from that I concluted that everything is fine with you Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 1:32amno matter what. I hope you didn't complain about 9/11 because that too was outside your control? Who is pulling your strings Prout? Ζεύς
- Your conclusion is false fool.... Sprout, Wed Aug 3 5:28amI do not feel that everything is "fine" with me. But I recognize that there are some things I can change, and some things I cannot. And I am intelligent enough to know the difference.
- Have you ever tried and really protested? (nm) Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 5:52am
- So what you are basically saying wondering, Tue Aug 2 10:09amis that what you or I or Zeus or anyone else who isn't in the business of governing, doesn't count. The only thing that matters is what governments think and do. So why should we vote or think or... more
- Yes. We may DESIRE for our opinions to matter... Sprout, Tue Aug 2 10:54amBut in terms of harsh reality, they do not. We can vote to put people in office that we HOPE will act in a manner as close to our desires as possible. But once they are in office they act as THEY... more
- So you like the Vietnam slaughter and you approve of it? Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 1:24amOr the slaughter in Iraq if so what did those people do wrong to you or your country. The same for Afghanistan off course. Or are you a good sheep after all that only whimper a bit but follow orders. ... more
- Aparently you don't read very well.... Sprout, Wed Aug 3 5:27amI can express my opinions all I want.. The difference is that I am also intelligent enough to realize that those in charge don't CARE what my perception of what is best for the nation is. What are... more
- Ever really protested and write letters in papers Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 5:56amor letters to those that should listen? Ever done anything like it Sprout? Some people do such things are you willing and able? Here we might change peoples viewpoints aswell. Ζεύς
- But not in your first paragraph. wondering, Tue Aug 2 9:34amAnd in your subject line, you made it sound like you are stating fact. Perceptions are not fact.
- So, I have to repeat a statement in the subject line Sprout, Tue Aug 2 10:51amand in each and every paragraph of a post before you will recognize it?
- You repeated your false statements wondering, Tue Aug 2 1:19pmseveral times. Very recognizable.
Religion and Ethics BBS