Christopher BlackwellWhy, because they show you up?Tue Aug 2, 2011 7:07pm184.108.40.206Mondo Fuego™,
You have spent a remarkable amount of time telling us what you can afford to spend, as though anyone cared. You would think that a successful man would not have to try to impress complete strangers.
I have met rich people that did not bother me at all. Why because they were still just good people, and had no problem talking with anyone and listening. No, I just have a thing for those that try to show off all the time and expose their insecurities.
I recall a lady with a Caddilac Eldorado Special Edition some years ago. She enjoyed having people ooh and ah her car. It had all that chrome, fake leather straps, even a fake spare wheel on its trunk. I looked at it with some amusement and said, "Ah a Pimpmobile!" And that was just exactly what it was, you could see pimps riding around in those things all the time. She left town rather suddenly, and mind you I was the only person who did not ooh and ah over it. We are talking over 26 years ago, so you can probably imagine the silly thing.
It is not about the money it is the silly need to impress others. Sort of the sign of the Nouveau riche, and their insecurities that I find funny. But I have no illusions about the rich being any sort of a better quality of person. They make their money off the hard work of others.Investment money is nice, but without the workers it would not grow, and the workers when well paid keep the economy going, not the rich.
Now if she had just drove in, done her shopping and driven away, I would not have even been tempted.
I recall a stretch limo back in Portland Oregon. Talk of silly things,I have ridden in them and they are about the silliest thing ever. Now there are two responses that are taken as normal. Oohing and ahing is one, and the other is the angry how dare you waste money on something like that. I took a different approach. I pointed to it and began laughing a real belly laugh. I never saw one of those lumbering things try to peel rubber before. [Grin]
Again if the person just bought it because he like it, he would not have been affected by my reaction. But because he felt this need to impress, he couldn't handle ridicule.
- These are not ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 11:22am... official or reliable surveys. Why don't you log onto the IRS web site and find the official statistics on claimed charitable tax deductions vs reported income. I don't trust self-seeking... more
- Why, because they show you up? Christopher Blackwell, Tue Aug 2 7:07pm
- You hit the nail but the pimps will wanna show of their Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 2:05amrubbish. It is the dumb beast in them. They simply have on self control over their primeval urges. Pimps are like that you hit the nail again well-done. Grin Ζεύς
- Yes, an excellent post Truthteller, Wed Aug 3 7:14amI see phonies like that old lady all the time. They truly have no idea how pathetic they are with all their posturing.
- You don't ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 7:47pm... really have a clue what I spend, dude. It's all in your imagination. You shouldn't go around insulting little old ladies in their "Pimpmobiles". Furthermore, if you don't like my posts, then why... more
Religion and Ethics BBS