Mondo Fuego™Warren Buffet ...Tue Aug 2, 2011 7:41pm126.96.36.199... "In the past, Buffett has championed his pro-tax stance, saying his wealth should be taxed heavily to support the public institutions that allowed him to succeed."
That was "in the past" ... but, later on, he changed his mind and decided to buy a railroad (Burlington Northern) instead. What do you really know about Warren Buffett? LOL
Who the hell is "Marnie Thompson"? Her $5 million inheritance does not qualify her as "super rich" ... in fact, it does not even qualify her as "rich". With today's investment rates, it would hardly bring her $100K/year, which does not place her in the debutante league, as that would not even pay for the flowers. Anyway, she didn't give the money to the government in taxes or as a gift ... she used it to found a charity ... maybe she gets a big fat salary from the charity, huh? What do you really know about Marnie Thompson? She sounds like a nutjob.
And Jeffrey Hollender? Who would buy his over-priced toilet paper and paper towels which cost 200-400% more than name- and store-brands? What for? His products appeal to the Birkenstock-sandal-wearing, white-wine-drinking, used-Volvo-driving, limp-wristed, John-Denver-listening, tree-hugging liberals. His liquid soap has the same formula as any other liquid soap (read it), so all this "sustainability" crap he preaches is hogwash. He is another touchey-feely fringe-looney. Did you get mixed signals from this: '"I do feel that I should pay more taxes — absolutely," Hollender says. "While I don't like how the government spends the money I give them, I do feel that I pay too little."'? Nobody's stopping him from paying more taxes. Why doesn't he just STFU and pay more taxes instead of trying to "big league" us? What do you really know about Jeffrey Hollender? The Koch Brothers own, inter alia, Georgia-Pacific which could buy Hollender out in 2 seconds. They are doing everything he is doing ... on a far larger scale.
Pay the government more taxes? For what? What can the government do with the money that intelligent individuals can't do better ... more direct ... without all the layers of bureaucracy ... and corruption?
Furthermore, you don't know these people personally, and you don't have a clue what they really do with their money. When they say they give to charity ... do you know which charities ... or is some of it going to leftwing political organizations? What do you personally know about any of this?
To you, they are just imaginary people that you hear about in the media. They do not necessarily represent the silent majority of the super rich. Remember, there are over 1,000 billionaires ... and thousands of folks with over $100 million.
But you can have fun dreaming ... what's wrong with that?
- Charitable giving: PureStevil, Tue Aug 2 6:25amI'm not making this stuff up: http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/national-news/portfolio/2008/02/19/Poor-Give-More-to-Charity/ http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22FOB-wwln-t.html
- The same though out history Christopher Blackwell, Tue Aug 2 6:33pmPureStevil Nothing new about this. This has been common throughout history.
- The poor give greenman, Tue Aug 2 4:26pm...the rich have to have it wrung from them, or be offered tax breaks. Rich people are scum.
- These are not ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 11:22am... official or reliable surveys. Why don't you log onto the IRS web site and find the official statistics on claimed charitable tax deductions vs reported income. I don't trust self-seeking... more
- Why, because they show you up? Christopher Blackwell, Tue Aug 2 7:07pmMondo Fuego™, You have spent a remarkable amount of time telling us what you can afford to spend, as though anyone cared. You would think that a successful man would not have to try to impress... more
- You hit the nail but the pimps will wanna show of their Ζεύς, Wed Aug 3 2:05amrubbish. It is the dumb beast in them. They simply have on self control over their primeval urges. Pimps are like that you hit the nail again well-done. Grin Ζεύς
- Yes, an excellent post Truthteller, Wed Aug 3 7:14amI see phonies like that old lady all the time. They truly have no idea how pathetic they are with all their posturing.
- You don't ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 7:47pm... really have a clue what I spend, dude. It's all in your imagination. You shouldn't go around insulting little old ladies in their "Pimpmobiles". Furthermore, if you don't like my posts, then why... more
- Not surprising, really. wondering, Tue Aug 2 6:58amI think poor people would naturally have more empathy for others who are poor. As people get richer, they tend to get more greedy and often more insecure about the possibility of losing what they... more
- This is total BS that you made up ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 11:30am"As people get richer, they tend to get more greedy and often more insecure about the possibility of losing what they have built up. Thus, they probably tend to spend more on insurance and other... more
- Stop trying to make greed sainty Christopher Blackwell, Tue Aug 2 5:46pmMondo Fuego™, Gee we have all the history of the world to learn about the really rich. Sorry but you can't fool us with your silly myths Even Ron Paul has mentioned that if we got rid of corporate... more
- Maybe you would like to explain wondering, Tue Aug 2 12:26pmor argue with the facts of who gives more in the original post. There must be some explanation, no? Have you not noticed who makes the most noise about raising taxes on the wealthy or the poor not... more
- fwiw mondo sym, Tue Aug 2 2:57pmI just want everything even. I like your idea of getting rid of all the crap then making a flat tax that applies to everyone. It's fair, it's honest, and it would help this nation find sustainability.
- Your "local" observations ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 2:45pm... do not constitute "global" truths. Need I say more? If your "imaginary" super wealthy friends "would be perfectly willing to pay higher taxes" (LMAO on that one!), what's stopping them? Why... more
- Here ya go wondering, Tue Aug 2 3:38pmRead it carefully. They are not imaginary people. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125918497
- Nice to see some responsible rich people Christopher Blackwell, Tue Aug 2 7:52pmwondering,, Just like I like seeing rich that share some of the wealth with the workers who made them rich in the first place. I companies want worker loyalty, then let them give the workers good... more
- Warren Buffet ... Mondo Fuego™, Tue Aug 2 7:41pm
- I think folks frequently will attribute the most Sprout, Tue Aug 2 12:01pmnegative motivation possible to any action of some individual or group they don't like.
- Struck a nerve, obviously. Merlin, Tue Aug 2 11:58amThe truth hurts.
- Note: PureStevil, Tue Aug 2 6:54amI don't assign values of right or wrong to this. Just calling it like I heard it. I think if you want to give to charity, that's your prerogative.
Religion and Ethics BBS