RobertYep, next year or sooner symWed Aug 3, 2011 8:57am126.96.36.199From the sad but true department, here are four accurate reality based quotes from Canadian Mark Steyn:
It is a depressingly European argument that the right of center party can through sheer attention to detail make the left-wing state run more efficiently. You never can. The ratchet effect of Big Government is such that the minute you turn your back it resumes its inexorable growth.
Any credible Republican candidate should be proposing the closing or wholesale privatization of departments, bureaus, and agencies. If you're not, you're not serious.
We have half-a-decade to turn this around. If we really intend (as is apparently foreseen by our bipartisan saviors) to add $7 to 10 trillion to the debt by 2020, then America is over because clearly there is no intention ever to repay that money, and the world will make its dispositions accordingly.
The Democrats want to plunge over the cliff at full throttle. Too many Republicans think it will be fine as long as we go over the edge in third gear.
November 2012 will be a tipping point for America. It doesn't bode well as of today----fiscal responsibility and the securitization of votes are incompatible. (my words, not Steyn's)
- I think everyone's performance in this sym, Tue Aug 2 2:55pmwas terrible - both sides of the isle stuck to their damn private interests like glue and didn't give a shit about really making a change that mattered. Watch ... we will be right back here next year.
- Yep, next year or sooner sym Robert , Wed Aug 3 8:57am
- Harry Reid lied ... Mondo Fuego™, Wed Aug 3 12:46pm... he stated on 08/02/2011 that Clinton had reduced the national debt by $7 trillion: The national debt actually increased $2 trillion under Clinton. Nobody need reply that Bush did worse ... we... more
- You two have THAT much in common! airport, Sun Aug 7 5:35pmYou DO know that Bush's recession only hit at the END of his misgovernment, and that Obama got stuck trying to dig us out of his dimwitted Texas predecessor's mess, right? That the deficit and... more
- Reid lied!?--Shocking!---Not (nm) Robert , Wed Aug 3 1:14pm
Religion and Ethics BBS