TruthtellerThey do even WORSEThu Aug 4, 2011 1:18pm126.96.36.199check THIS out. Every damn one of these so-called "law enforcement" personnel should be put away for a long, long time:
The State Torture of Hope Steffey
There is a short scene in the video near the beginning of Hope's ordeal which takes place in a cell where she is later tortured unspeakably. In this short scene Hope is naked lying face down diagonally across an eight- inch thick concrete sleeping platform, which is partially covered by a blue blanket. The women deputies are given a signal by one of the male deputies to leave the cell. A male deputy has Hope's left arm twisted behind her back forcing her down on the platform, but she pushes herself up with her right hand and looks to her right, seeing men around her, Hope screams in fear. This scene has been spliced in with the other scenes of Hope's cruel torture to make it appear as though her tormentors occasionally stop inflicting pain on her. In the scene Hope is up on one hand screaming defiantly and the men standing around her, touching her, haven't started hurting her yet. In reality there is no such respite, once the torture begins it is constant unrelenting and brutal.
The reckless actions of Gurlea and the other Stark County sheriff's deputies were intended to cause emotional distress and physical injury to Hope. She sustained a cracked tooth and a very serious bulging disc in her lower back. She has also suffered extreme emotional trauma. Her physical and mental injuries are permanent and she needs costly medical and psychiatric treatment indefinitely. The actions of Gurlea and the other men and women sheriff's deputies constitutes extreme, outrageous and perhaps criminal conduct. The mental damage suffered by Hope has negatively affected her marriage and has certainly impacted all aspects of her life.
- This case is also being investigated by the FBI. Ken C, Thu Aug 4 12:55pmIt looks like at least in this case they are doing more than just "administrative leave". Maybe that's because the victims father is a former Orange County sheriff's deputy, and there were witnesses... more
- They do even WORSE Truthteller, Thu Aug 4 1:18pm
- Nice why not call the cops for help. Ζεύς, Thu Aug 4 11:52pmIt simply shows what a scum culture there is in law enforcement. Is she lucky to be alive? I think her life is from now on totally ruined mentally and physically. Ζεύς
- bushCO's AVOIDANCE of torture prosecution EMBOLDENED sT, Thu Aug 4 6:52pmoutrageous conduct by cops all across this nation. Of course it is true that many didN'T need much of a push. Add it to the LONG LIST of CHENEYbushCO negative affects to our nation EXCUSED by the... more
- Remember Rodney King and the Los Angeles riots? Ken C, Thu Aug 4 1:32pmThat was about 19 years ago, and Los Angeles seems to have a big riot about every 20 years. I wonder if another one is coming. 1943: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_Suit_Riots 1965:... more
Religion and Ethics BBS