SeekerRe: Are you not at least mildly intriguedThu Oct 27, 2011 9:36am18.104.22.168I know that you directed your question at Kevin, so I hope you don't mind my jumping in here.
Why would a person be intrigued if, within a partially atheist household, the concept of Jesus was being discussed with a three year old?
The exploration of different ideas and concepts is a good thing, yes?
- Are you not at least mildly intrigued Moishe, Thu Oct 27 8:04amby the fact that this was at least a partially atheist household discussing the concept of Jesus with their three year old. This looks like a job for... ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Sophisticated Apologetics... more
- Re: Are you not at least mildly intrigued Seeker, Thu Oct 27 9:36am
- Ah but parents have the right to determine Christopher Blackwell , Thu Oct 27 7:50pmSeeker, Parents have always been considered to have the right to determine what religion if any that a child is exposed to, and that includes no religion. I have never felt threatened by an Atheists, ... more
- Re: Ah but parents have the right to determine Seeker, Thu Oct 27 9:23pmWell, yes, parents have the right to raise their children as they see fit. It is a legal and moral right. I have never been threatened by anyone from either camp (believers and non-believers). My... more
- That though is the rare parent Christopher Blackwell , Fri Oct 28 9:08pmSeeker That requires a thoughtful and caring parent, truly dedicated to what might be good for each child. Most of our parents are not at that level. Most barely raise their children at all, they... more
- I think you will see wondering, Thu Oct 27 10:07pmlots of children under the age of three being exposed to religion, going to church with their parents. Some might call it "enriching"... others might call it brainwashing or child abuse. Some of... more
- typo: that should be 'know' and not 'no' (nm) Seeker, Thu Oct 27 9:25pm
- I'm so clad that you have that problem too sometimes. ;o)) Διός , Thu Oct 27 10:19pmIt is so easy done you k no w grin Διός
- Re: I'm so clad that you have that problem too sometimes. ;o)) Seeker, Thu Oct 27 10:54pmMy spelling and grammar skills are not the greatest to begin with. Text messaging has added to it. Sometimes what I text looks like a foreign language. And I am now so use to texting that I have to... more
- It is always good to explore concepts contrary to one's own Siã☀© ◔~◔, Thu Oct 27 6:54pmJust very unusual to do with so young a child... But hey, can never begin too early teaching a child to have an open mind...
- It could be as simple as having over some guest that prayed Διός, Thu Oct 27 5:39pmSo that the little one had her first experience with praying and asked the questions. And then she dropped that little beauty "doesn't god has a phone". Διός :o))
Religion and Ethics BBS