MoisheYour daily atheistSat Oct 29, 2011 6:28am22.214.171.124"Iím really an atheist because religion is selling ignorant bliss Ė and I donít want it."
On handling a tough situation without God. This one touched me personally, since both my children have suffered
from the same misfortune.
- It all makes sense a strong will and back bone helps you Διός, Sat Oct 29 9:41amthrough anything life can throw at you. No sky daddy is needed to be a good human and a health minded person. Thanks for that strong and moving story and moving Moishe Διός
- I am sorry for her loss... Kevin, Sat Oct 29 7:41amand for your suffering as well. I wish none of that ever happened. But again, the comments given, religion sells ignorant bliss, or one is not supposed to question the teachings or the bible or that... more
- I don't think religion "sells" anything... Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 8:12amfor MOST believers & their faith... The TV evangelists, well, perhaps... but they are not representatives of the whole... Never watched "Lost", but my youngest daughter was a big fan once...
- to me it has always been important sym, Sat Oct 29 8:03amto say "this is what I believe" ... and why, and "this is what I can PROVE" and why.. I don't expect people to jump on the "believe" bandwagon without an explanation and even then the element of... more
- Well done Sym! (nm) Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 8:09am
- or same personal strength sym, Sat Oct 29 7:31amNot everyone needs to be a Theist to be strong in the face of adversity. Nor does everyone need to be a Theist to have virtue and morals. While I am a "believer" I know the line between what we can... more
- When I lost one, that is NOT when I lost my faith Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 8:14amalthough, it didn't help any... Difficult to understand the depth of the questioned faith if one has never been in those shoes... Mine went deeper (at that time) but much later on, crashed & burned... more
- Amen sym! Amen. This post is beautiful... Kevin, Sat Oct 29 7:42amand I agree wholeheartedly.
Religion and Ethics BBS