KevinThank you Seeker.Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:52am22.214.171.124You summarize my point perfectly.
(An aside, the Christian tradition considers meditation as part of the spectrum of prayer. In many Reformation Churches, this connection between prayer and meditation has been lost but it continues in all of the other Christian churches in the West and East).
- Re: Just Cute? Not perhaps Profound? Seeker, Thu Oct 27 9:31amWhy do you consider the child's question profound? The question reminds me of a question that I was asked by a kid: Why does Santa Claus have to use the chimney? Can't he use the front door? I smile... more
- Thank you Seeker. Kevin, Sat Oct 29 6:52am
- I would have asked why we NEED phones if thinking can Siã☀© ◔~◔, Thu Oct 27 6:58pmcommunicate betweenst folks... Cuz a 3 year old can't possibly fathom what was going on other than someone was talking to someone they couldn't see and expected the other to hear them... So, why have ... more
- Re: I would have asked why we NEED phones if thinking can Seeker, Thu Oct 27 9:50pmIf people were telepathic, they would not need phones, but it would not preclude them to having them and using them either. And yes, it would be rather strange (to address someone else's point) if... more
- As do I... Siã☀© ◔~◔, Fri Oct 28 9:18amIt was adorable in the way that us ADULTS viewed it... But, from the child's POV, (which is what I was trying to convey with my alternate question of why phones were even needed at all), they were... more
- Re: As do I... Seeker, Fri Oct 28 9:50amSometimes the answers adults give make no sense either! ;) On the topic of kids: you gotta luv 'em! They can take something that an adult regards as mundane and turn it into a playground, a fantasy.... more
- Folks who allow themselves to think like children are Siã☀© ◔~◔, Fri Oct 28 10:16amconsidered naive but also like crazy folks... yet they are the ones MOST LIKELY to invent fantastic things that others never imagined until they came into existence and now can't imagine NOT... more
- Could you live with telepathic abilities, can you imagine Διός, Thu Oct 27 10:33pmthe entire info overload from all the stuff you would hear in your head from all around you and from others even from far away. But I do believe we have a limited telepathic ability with people very... more
- So do I!! Siã☀© ◔~◔, Fri Oct 28 9:32amI have an amazing story of just that, but it's rather personal and not something I routinely share in public... Suffice it to say that something very strange (but without the slightest question as to ... more
- I have had very sad experiences with somehow knowing. Διός, Fri Oct 28 10:59pmThree time it happen to me that I feel the urgent "I must go now” and see a sick friend, no waiting a hour or a day but right Now feeling. And three times that friend died within hours. What it is I... more
- That is somewhat different than the one I referenced BUT Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 9:11amI, too, have had weird experiences of thinking of long ago friends or acquaintances that I'd lost touch with, but suddenly thought about and felt a powerful concern for... only to learn later on had... more
- Amazing. Διός, Sat Oct 29 10:20amThat must have been a terrible experience especially that young. Does it still affect you it wouldn't surprise me if it did? My feeling didn't come that clear it was an unexplainable urge that I had... more
- Information overload! Seeker, Thu Oct 27 10:49pmThere is no way that I would want to be bombarded by the thoughts of others. Sometimes I have enough trouble sorting out my own thoughts. :) I am not really a believer in telepathy. I do think that... more
- Well, if you ever experience something contrary to that Siã☀© ◔~◔, Fri Oct 28 9:34amyou'll NEVER forget it... (-; and never believe that ANYTHING is impossible again...
- Re: Well, if you ever experience something contrary to that Seeker, Fri Oct 28 9:45amBy that way of thinking, that "never believe that anything is impossible again", gods would be possible, yes? Any kind of god(s)? Just following and exploring a line of reasoning-
- Well somethings happen just to often for it to be a Διός, Thu Oct 27 11:20pmcoincident when I want to ring a close friend and he just beat me to it doing the same. With a distance between us of a 50km. Διός
- Ever SEE them doing it? Siã☀© ◔~◔, Fri Oct 28 9:36amfrom that far away?
- Nah just a feeling I have to call them it has been a while, Διός, Fri Oct 28 9:16pmthen when wanted to make the call the phone rings before I had the change to start dialling. And that didn't just happen once or twice and it did happen the other way around as well.... more
Religion and Ethics BBS