symor same personal strengthSat Oct 29, 2011 7:31am126.96.36.199Not everyone needs to be a Theist to be strong in the face of adversity. Nor does everyone need to be a Theist to have virtue and morals. While I am a "believer" I know the line between what we can prove and what we trust is true.
Your kids are probably really good humans from what I've seen of you here... but they have found their own path. Loosing a child is difficult but not insurmountable without faith per se.
- Your daily atheist Moishe, Sat Oct 29 6:28am"Iím really an atheist because religion is selling ignorant bliss Ė and I donít want it." On handling a tough situation without God. This one touched me personally, since both my children have... more
- It all makes sense a strong will and back bone helps you Διός, Sat Oct 29 9:41amthrough anything life can throw at you. No sky daddy is needed to be a good human and a health minded person. Thanks for that strong and moving story and moving Moishe Διός
- I am sorry for her loss... Kevin, Sat Oct 29 7:41amand for your suffering as well. I wish none of that ever happened. But again, the comments given, religion sells ignorant bliss, or one is not supposed to question the teachings or the bible or that... more
- I don't think religion "sells" anything... Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 8:12amfor MOST believers & their faith... The TV evangelists, well, perhaps... but they are not representatives of the whole... Never watched "Lost", but my youngest daughter was a big fan once...
- to me it has always been important sym, Sat Oct 29 8:03amto say "this is what I believe" ... and why, and "this is what I can PROVE" and why.. I don't expect people to jump on the "believe" bandwagon without an explanation and even then the element of... more
- Well done Sym! (nm) Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 8:09am
- or same personal strength sym, Sat Oct 29 7:31am
- When I lost one, that is NOT when I lost my faith Siã☀© ◔~◔, Sat Oct 29 8:14amalthough, it didn't help any... Difficult to understand the depth of the questioned faith if one has never been in those shoes... Mine went deeper (at that time) but much later on, crashed & burned... more
- Amen sym! Amen. This post is beautiful... Kevin, Sat Oct 29 7:42amand I agree wholeheartedly.
Religion and Ethics BBS