SproutYes, the small business is less stable...Fri May 11, 2012 5:40am188.8.131.52They are less stable BECAUSE they cannot afford the risk.
The small business IS a higher risk investment. Thus the higher interst rate.
Why would one be so foolish as to EMBARK on a business venture when they are so emotionally unstable as to be suicidal if it doesn't go the way they want it.
Here is the simple fact. Not everyone is mentally or emotionally suited to start and run their own business. And those who are not, should not do so. They should NOT take the risks, and should instead work for someone who is.
- Economy of scale? kw, Thu May 10 7:06pmThe small business is not less stable; and a small farmer certainly can't afford risk. The best business practices will be mutually beneficial to all disciplines. When within a year over 600 cotton... more
- Yes, the small business is less stable... Sprout, Fri May 11 5:40am
- A person who can't afford the risk... kw, Fri May 11 7:56am...won't take the risk. If someone can afford to take a risk, they don't need to. The seed company wants success for the small farmer; and the cotton buyer also depends on that success. If the lender ... more
- Aparently that is not the case...because aparently Sprout, Fri May 11 11:37amsome several hundreds HAVE chosen to take the risk and failed and committed suicide as a result. The small farmer IS the businessman here. If you can't afford the risk, don't try to start a business. ... more
- Farming is a unpredictable risk between the farmers and mother nature. And every year and every region is different. "The small farmer IS the businessman here." That's a very unusual statement, as... more
Religion and Ethics BBS