AmadeusRespectfully Disagree...Thu May 17, 2012 12:51pm184.108.40.206The tax rate is very relevant. Moreso than the raw amount that a person pays.
Dan is pretty poor. He makes $20k per year and pays $5K in taxes.
Darren is filthy rich. He makes $20 million per year and plays $50K in taxes.
Should I be grateful that Darren pays 10x the amount of Dan? I don't think so.
The American Dream is great, for those who can afford it. The issue isn't expecting the government to take from others and give to you - to a large extent, the issue is looking for as level a playing field as we can so that everyone in the next generation can attempt to realize the American Dream.
- Succinctly stated and true History, Tue May 15 6:09amHowever, the psychology of half our politicians and many in society have changed from that which the founding fathers established and which guided the development of our nation for its first one and... more
- Respectfully Disagree... Amadeus, Thu May 17 12:51pm
- 1% OWN 99% of wealth & pay LOWER tax rates than middle class sT, Tue May 15 8:43amWe became the MOST PROSPEROUS NATION ON THIS PLANET EVER WHEN WE TAPPED INTO THE WEALTH OF THE UBER-RICH. & HAVE LOST MUCH GROUND SINCE U CONS SLASHED their RATES to less than 15%, if U include S.S.
- Untrue. Passion should not justify untruths History, Tue May 15 12:23pmMaking false statements undermines anyone's cause. Making false statements against any group is an example of prejudice. No different than hating blacks, asians, muslims, Jews, gays, etc. Per... more
- & EVERY1 here but me IGNORES the waste of our Drug War on sT, Tue May 15 5:25pmour PRISON SYSTEM that IS BANKRUPTING our STATES & NATION!
- Another lie. Liar. SES, Wed May 16 11:59amYou probably don't recall all of the discussions we've had on here where many of us DO support legalizing marijuana or at the least not making possession for personal use a crime worthy of... more
- Yet U vote for those who push for the HARSHEST PENALTIES! (nm) sT, Wed May 16 4:49pm
- Yet U vote for those push for the HARSHEST PENALTIES! (nm) sT, Wed May 16 4:48pm
- You can lead a moron to the facts... SES, Tue May 15 11:15am...but you can't make 'em drink: "The current structure of tax brackets has rates that start at 10 percent of income at the low end and rise to 35 percent for the highest earners. In the middle are... more
- U WASTE tax $ posting here defending the rich who doN'T need sT, Tue May 15 5:12pmyour support. U are an IDIOT!
- Yep Robert, Tue May 15 12:07pmI've posted the actual tax rates and amounts collected by income brackets for him several times. His retarded reply is always----PERCENTAGES!
- If U understood PERCENTAGES, U would understand WHY! (nm) sT, Wed May 16 9:15am
- It's an interesting Liberal anomaly the way they argue taxes SES, Tue May 15 12:17pmWhen they're arguing that "the rich" don't pay enough, ALL they want to argue about is Federal Income Taxes. They totally ignore the other taxes that "the rich" pay. But when you state the fact that... more
- Thank your bush Tax Cuts that the poor don't pay income sT, Tue May 15 5:06pmtaxes. QUIT BLAMING OTHERS FOR HIS STUPIDITY!
- Liar. No they don't. (nm) SES, Tue May 15 11:09am
Religion and Ethics BBS