greenmanKeep digging, man, keep digging!Fri May 18, 2012 5:30pm220.127.116.11YOu are aware that there exist flat-earthers who insist that the Earth isn't spherical despite the FACT that it is? Or Creationists who entirely disp;ute the FACT of evolution desp;ite all the evidence demonstrating it?
I could go on and on, but I suspect I'd be wasting my time. Point is, the fact that crackpots question an obvious fact doesn't mean there's a question about whether or not it's a fact.
- What are you smoking? BK, Fri May 18 8:02amI'm not questioning science here - I'm simply stating that if there were no question over whether sexual orientation is a choice (that is, if it was self-evident that it either IS or is NOT), then... more
- Keep digging, man, keep digging! greenman, Fri May 18 5:30pm
- There are no examples that I can think of in the realm of Quantafyre, Fri May 18 8:30ambiopsychological conditions that are so self-evident that absolutely no counter opinions exist as to their nature. Please, if you would, give an unequivocal example.
- You're being mighty absolute there BK, Fri May 18 9:20amI realize doing so might help your position, but I'm not arguing there is nobody who, for example, believes skin color is a choice. I'm arguing that it wouldn't be reasonable to believe so. Skin... more
- Skin color is NOT a biopsychological condition.. Quantafyre, Fri May 18 9:35amBeing born with 6 fingers on one hand is also obvious of genetic determinism, but it too is not biopsychological. There is no psychological component to it.
- Agreed BK, Fri May 18 10:05amI misread what you were asking for. But now that I understand, I don't see the relevance to the discussion. The opening statement in this discussion makes an implicit analogy between sexual... more
- I'm not looking for anything. I'm saying that sexual Quantafyre, Fri May 18 10:20ampreference is not a 'choice.' I'm not saying that there is a 'gay gene;' I'm not saying that it is totally dependent on a polygenic complex within the CNS; I'm not saying that it is totally dependent ... more
- In the face BK, Fri May 18 10:37amof "what" - your opinion on the matter? Sorry if I don't find that convincing, especially when there is evidence to the contrary. Then again, I have no desire to debate this topic as it is a horse... more
- No desire to deal with what you don't approve of Christopher Blackwell , Fri May 18 7:37pmBK, Your reaction is created by your opinion. If it is something you don't approve of you don't want to hear about it. Sexis a complex subject, and many of the variations are common to a number of... more
- It is surely not dead. Research is continuing Quantafyre, Fri May 18 10:43amon the issue. Two sources underlying my opinion: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071107170741.htm http://wiringthebrain.blogspot.com/2010/05/sexual-orientation-in-genes.html
Religion and Ethics BBS