Christopher BlackwellGovt. wants to legalize using propaganda on usFri May 18, 2012 10:20pm188.8.131.52There is some grim humor in this, that having it ilegal has never caused the government to slow down on using propaganda on us. Most of what our government tells us is PR propaganda anyway. All the campaing stuff we get is pure propaganda, as is 80% of our news stories, just printing out or saying what the Press hand out sheets say. But now in the latest defense bill they want to make tricky talk legal.
Congressmen Seek To Lift Propaganda Ban
Propaganda that was supposed to target foreigners could now be aimed at Americans, reversing a longstanding policy. “Disconcerting and dangerous,” says Shank.
Posted May 18, 2012 4:27pm EDT
An amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on American audiences is being inserted into the latest defense authorization bill, BuzzFeed has learned.
The amendment would “strike the current ban on domestic dissemination” of propaganda material produced by the State Department and the Pentagon, according to the summary of the law at the House Rules Committee's official website.
The tweak to the bill would essentially neutralize two previous acts—the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987—that had been passed to protect U.S. audiences from our own government’s misinformation campaigns.
- ROFLOL---What do you think Pubic Education is?? RthB, Tue May 22 3:57pmIt's been brainwashing citizens since 1947. Those wackki Secular Humanist a$$holes. RthB
- Public education has always been propaganda Christopher Blackwell , Tue May 22 8:08pmRthB, and that was long before 1947. Even when schools were controlled by churches it was brain washing. No real education only begins once you leave school and start exploring on your own.That... more
- Having attended public schools... Truthteller, Tue May 22 6:06pmI can honestly say that I don't feel brainwashed at all. If anything, I feel that I wasn't fully informed (at least in the textbooks) about many events in history as well as current political events, ... more
- America is becoming a fascist nation greenman, Mon May 21 7:05pm...we may as well face it. What is Fascism? Powerful, centralized state - check State security apparatus - check Militaristic culture celebrating the 'warrior' - check Extreme nationalism and appeals ... more
- "They" are watching us 24/7 Clawson, Sun May 20 3:58pmhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_360 FBI cooperation Symantec, in compliance with the FBI, whitelisted Magic Lantern, a keylogger developed by the FBI. The purpose of Magic Lantern is to obtain... more
- Reprehensible to say the least Truthteller, Sat May 19 12:26pmwhat's next?? (Or do we really want to know? Remember all those concentration camps stocked and ready around the country, ostensibly "in case of a disaster.")
- Pentagon American propaganda costs Christopher Blackwell , Fri May 18 10:33pmThis should make you feel all warm and fuzzy.Note they spend quite a bit more on propaganda for us that on our enemies.Fooling us is more important. When your government feels that you, the citizen,... more
- To think that I used to wonder why... Timothy, Fri May 18 11:09pmEdgar Cayce (the sleeping prophet) said that China would be the hope of freedom for the people of the world. At that time, I would have thought the USA would be. Now his prediction makes sense.
- The next rally cry... Timothy, Fri May 18 10:25pm"Dump the incumbent"
- Careful Christopher Blackwell , Fri May 18 10:37pmTimothy, "Dump the incumbent" is probably already considered to be a terrorist activity, and anti-Amercan under Homeland Security. "Excuse me. May I see your papers please?"
- Keeping my head down while zig zagging. Timothy, Fri May 18 10:59pmHomeland reminds me too much of Fatherland and Motherland.
- Oh so you have noticed? Chrstopher Blackwell, Sat May 19 6:52pmTimothy, I am surprised that it did not send up red flags all over the place just when they named it that. Do you know that when we tried t make it a federal office to burn the flag that only Nazi... more
- When Bush II announced that... Truthteller, Sun May 20 7:31pma shiver went down my spine, remembering Hitler's "Fatherland" tag. I STILL hate the moniker "Homeland Security." I hope some smart future president changes it.
- A memorable Bush II quote. Timothy, Sun May 20 8:27pmYou can fool some of the people all the time, and these are the ones you want to concentrate on. -- President G.W. Bush--Speaking at a Gridiron Club Dinner, Washington D.C., March of 2001.
Religion and Ethics BBS