KevinAre you sure...Sat May 19, 2012 1:13pm188.8.131.52that is what shadow believes?
I know I don't.
I don't conclude there is a "God that exists" based on old myths and wishful thinking.
Far from it. The Christian tradition does not teach that either (save for those in the tradition who tend to be quite linear in their rationality -- some call them fundamentalists or literalists -- or those who are not well-educated in Christian theology). It may seem that way...but it is not the case.
God cannot be proven nor disproven as has been discussed ad naseum on here by many including great thinkers who are experts in epistemology like Poppett.
Faith in God is commitment to a path that cannot be proven and the evidence is one's life as they live it and evaluate it and doubt it and struggle with it.
Faith and belief is not about propositional truths but a subjective path to walk so it is quite different than arguing about morality using propositional truths.
- Indeed...like concluding the existance of God... Glenn, Sat May 19 10:55am...from old myths and wishful thinking? Seriously, what evidence is there that ANY God or Gods exist, or that yours is the only one?
- You do know, don't you, that false shadow, Sat May 19 2:22pmpremises cannot lead to a true conclusion, and that's what you've done here - nothing new with you, but you really need to work on your premises!
- You obviously know little of cognition... Glenn, Sat May 19 2:45pm...since there are no absolutes in our senses or our thought processes, then it's really not that hard to be right for the wrong reasons, or wrong for the right reasons...you've heard those phrases,... more
- hey Glenn - watch out Trish, Sun May 20 6:47amfor spilling that seed LOL
- I'm sure you think you make points, shadow, Sun May 20 12:13amGlenn, while nailing Jello to a tree! As we watch it drip to the ground, please say you understand why your position there with your feet planted in midair does little to instill confidence that you... more
- Are you sure... Kevin, Sat May 19 1:13pm
- "They" ... Mondo Fuego™ , Sat May 19 4:58pm... don't get it over here. They want a visible "god" like Obama and Facebook. ;)
- That might help of course Christopher Blackwell , Sat May 19 6:15pmMondo Fuego™, We are told in so many stories of when the god/s walked the earth and talked with their people, and did not have to depend on fallible humans to get the message unchanged t the people.... more
- Naw, all we want is a definition and location Clawson, Sat May 19 5:56pm...together with a concrete explanation of how it works.
- Of course I'm not sure...but I believe it's a logical... Glenn, Sat May 19 3:45pm...conclusion based on the fact that she attacked my argument without actually stating what part of my premise she thought was incorrect or, more to the point, WHY it was wrong. So what else am I... more
- You KNOW what your premises were. shadow, Sun May 20 9:59amYou didn't understand that I was saying that?
Religion and Ethics BBS