greenmanI've heard of itThu May 31, 2012 5:00pm184.108.40.206...didn't realize it was becoming a problem. Given that it seems to be coming up from Mexico and Latin America, I have to wonder - is any of this new worry about the disease motivated by fear of immigrants?
- New disease,8,000,000 infected Christopher Blackwell , Thu May 31 4:13pmNot sexually spread, but by kissing bugs. Like AIDs requires endless long term and expensive health care. 300,000 infected in the USA Chagas: Is tropical disease really the new AIDS? By Dylan... more
- I've heard of it greenman, Thu May 31 5:00pm
- There is also a new strain of HIV in Africa and court by Διός, Thu May 31 4:45pmthose the slaughter Bush meat like Apes and monkeys. It is running amuck over in Africa specially in Cameroon. It is spread by the body fluids while killing and cutting up the Apes.... more
- Not new, but growing more important. David F Mayer, Thu May 31 4:36pmhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease The disease was named after the Brazilian physician and infectologist Carlos Chagas, who first described it in 1909 David F Mayer
- I stand corrected ChristopherBlackwell, Fri Jun 1 6:30pmDavid F Mayer, There seems to be a level a disease has to reach before it gets noticed. Even AIDS was probably around a lot longer than we think,but as long as it was a case here,or a case there, it... more
- For sure. Now some researchers believe that the chimps, etc, David F Mayer, Sat Jun 2 7:35pmgot the virus from humans instead of the other way around. David F Mayer
Religion and Ethics BBS