greenmanOf course it extends lifeFri Jun 1, 2012 5:22pm126.96.36.199The more devout you are, the more you switch off your brain. And the less you have to worry about, the happier you are and the less stressed. Stands to reason! :)
- Religion and Life Expectancy David F Mayer, Fri Jun 1 8:36amDon't scoff. Religion extends the life of participants. http://longevity.about.com/od/longevityboosters/a/religion_life.htm Could 95,000 Women Be Wrong? A study using data from the Women's Health... more
- Of course it extends life greenman, Fri Jun 1 5:22pm
- Being cheerful also seems to extend life ChristoherBlackwell, Fri Jun 1 1:45pmDavid F Mayer, Studies have shown that one common feature of most extended living people is being cheerful. Perhaps just having fun in your life keeps people going.
- Baloney! If I attended church nobody in it would survive. Clawson, Fri Jun 1 9:41amThere would be some unexplained major disaster that would kill everybody except the few who snuck out for beer and fornication with somebody other than their spouse.
- Devout worshippers are far less likely to ... smoke Ken C, Fri Jun 1 9:21amDevout worshippers are far less likely to fall back on harmful habits such as drinking or smoking. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/401091.stm
- Sorry, Ken, but Robert, Sat Jun 2 10:12amhave you ever spent much time in the South, as in, Bible Belt !?
- No, I'ver never been there. Ken C, Sat Jun 2 11:30amI live in California, and spend a lot of time with bicycle riders and other athletes.
- just as a mouse in a cookie jar shadow, Fri Jun 1 1:25pmdoesn't make a mouse become a cookie, mere attendance at a church service (or 'sitting and soaking' as I once heard it called) doesn't make one a believer. The word 'devout' is significant in these... more
Religion and Ethics BBS