greenmanReligion News above: Sex selective abortionSat Jun 2, 2012 12:23pm188.8.131.52...appears to be the latest scam of the fanatical, anti-choice Right to try to smear Dems, libs, and others who defend women's right to choose abortion. And these people get nuttier and more extreme day-by-day, to judge by the rhetoric in the article:
"Yes, abortions based upon sex-selection is "lethal discrimination", much as are murders of human beings outside the womb based upon race, but the initial and paramount "discrimination" is the "bigotry" against life itself. Whether its post-Trayvon Martin black mobs attacking white folks because they are white (like George "white-Hispanic" Zimmerman?) or a pregnant "mother" preferring to make payments for the BMW instead of Pampers, the choice to kill is what matters, not the particular reason for the "choice"."
1. How many abortions in THIS country are sex-selective? I'd guess relatively few.
2. How is abortion of a fetus anything like murder of an adult?
3. How is deciding not to carry a pregnancy to term "bigotry against life?"
4. What does this have to do with the Trayvon Martin case? What about the obvious bigotry displayed in your comment concerning "black mobs attacking whites?"
5. What kind of insane characterization of abortion is it to talk about "BMW payments v. Pampers?"
ALL that these nuts seem to have is emotionalistic, extreme language and IMO, this is what helps lead to murderous and violent attacks on doctors, workers, and clinics. These anti-choice types are little different IMO from reviled groups such as the Taliban.
- Is it moral for parents to abort based on sex? Ken C, Sun Jun 3 12:10amI think it's immoral for parents to abort their babies just because they are girls. In some countries like India and China they are having problems due to a shortage of women and too many men. Some... more
- Greenman is right, it's cultural. Timothy, Sun Jun 3 10:23pmChina was aborting females because the govt would only allow one child per couple. And the culture was that a son helped his parents in their old age. Daughters helped their husbands parents rather... more
- Goes back to whether abortion's moral greenman, Sun Jun 3 4:23pmIf it's moral, the sex of the fetus makes no difference. If it's immoral, the sex of the fetus makes no difference. I guess it's the middle ground we have to look at. China and India will suffer... more
- I see nothing wrong with it, they need to get with the times BOSS, Sat Jun 2 10:07pmI see nothing wrong with the "late, late" abortions either. I believe it is the right of the parent, that they can decide to abort their child up to the age of about 3-4 years old. hey if the kid... more
- reality check Trish, Sat Jun 2 2:25pmthey are looking for ANY inroad to banning abortion altogether without realizing how damaging that would be globally, locally and personally. It is a crime against personal rights to use this type of ... more
- It is a right wing scam Timothy, Sat Jun 2 2:10pmhttp://mediamatters.org/research/201205290006?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediamatters%2Flatest+%28Media+Matters+-+Latest+Items%29 Right-Wing Media Hype Discredited... more
- Amazing how moral based groups ChristopherBlackwell, Sat Jun 2 5:01pmTimothy, I find it amazing how the alleged moral based groups use lying to accomplish their goals. Yet this is common of the many of the right wing religious groups.
- I'm old enough to remember when abortion was illegal. Timothy, Sun Jun 3 9:49pmIt didn't stop abortions. It just created more criminals.
Religion and Ethics BBS