ChristopherBlackwellSpecial Mormon relationship with draft boardFri Jun 8, 2012 3:49pm188.8.131.52What was fascinating was the special relationship the Mormon Church has wit the draft boards of the country back in the 60s.
In any other Christian denomination you could not get a draft deference unless you were becoming a full time minister. The draft board would not allow it if you were just doing temporary work.Only the Mormon church was able to get its two year missionaries a draft deferment.
Now add the fact that Mitt demonstrated in favor of both the Vietnam War and the Draft, just did not take part himself. Now later on he would give this silly claim of how much he had wished he had had a chance to serve his country in Vietnam.
Of course he has been on opposite sides of everything sometime in his career. In 08 he was for government stimulus of the economy To slow or stop the increase of unemployment rate by another 500,000 by election day 2008 and for government investment in alternate energy to free us for our dependence. Now of course he is against it, but who knows what he will be for tomorrow, or next week, or next year. Depends on which way the wind is blowing, but he will say whatever is popular at the time. Apparently he has no position of his own.
Must be the perfect politician, incapable of even being embarrassed by his contradictory statements. Pay him money for his campaign and he will say whatever you want him to say.
- MITT DODGEDtheDRAFT DURINGtheVIET NAM WAR WHILE PROTESTING sT, Thu Jun 7 8:08pmFOR IT, LIKE CHENEY&BUSH, limbaugh & O'REALLY STUPID! WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE "PEOPLE?"
- They're hypocrites, sure greenman, Fri Jun 8 6:19pmBut draft-dodging isn't going to unelect, elect, or jail any of these people. We should stick more to the here-and-now. ANY sensible person of draft age dodged the draft if he could, at the time; and ... more
- CHARACTER matters, sT, Sat Jun 9 8:25pm& he has NONE of ANY VALUE.
- So? Obama committed a Felony. SES, Tue Jun 12 10:22pmTalk about a lack of character. How did that cokehead idiot ever get elected President?
- Bush was a cokehead greenman, Wed Jun 13 4:47pm...but I suppose it was alright then, since you seem to have had your nose up his ass for 8 years...:)
- Oh, I agree greenman, Sun Jun 10 7:13pmBut neither do most politicians.
- Special Mormon relationship with draft board ChristopherBlackwell, Fri Jun 8 3:49pm
- It's the economy, Moron. SES, Fri Jun 8 11:15amwtf is wrong with you?
- Yes greenman, Sun Jun 10 7:33pmIt's poor now, but under Repub leadership, it would become a DISASTER. Something to consider when Mittens' name comes up. :)
- Yep, & the ECONOMY is coming BACK from the disaster that sT, Fri Jun 8 1:40pmcheney'sBUSHco put US in! Stock market shows that, MUCH higher % than at the same time when bush was in his 1st pResidency. WTF is wrong w/U?!
- Then why are you bitching about something... SES, Fri Jun 8 1:49pm...that happened 40 years ago? I knopw, I know. Because you're an idiot. It's the economy, Moron. Not Mitt's dog 30 years ago. Not Mitt being a bully half a century ago. Not Mitt "dodging the Draft"... more
- Parading around in a COP's uniform counts. (nm) sT, Sat Jun 9 8:22pm
- Which has what to do with today's economy? SES, Mon Jun 11 3:13pmOnce again, sT proves himself "Moron With No Equal".
- Maybe because.. Truthteller, Fri Jun 8 5:42pmwhat a person does 40 years ago may well be the same MO he uses today. Face it, Romney is not only a Mormon but also your average RepubliCON loser. More of the same ol' Bush BS if he gets elected. He ... more
- So then, Obama might as well be a crackhead? SES, Mon Jun 11 8:15amTHE issue is the economy. Obama has been the epitome of LOSER on the economy. Romney will do BETTER with the economy. I really don't give a rat's ass if Romney put his dog on the car roof 30 years... more
- And if you think Romney will do any better... Truthteller, Mon Jun 11 9:45amthen YOU are the moron.
- How could he do any worse? SES, Mon Jun 11 3:12pmOr are you buying the Liberal bullspit that we're in a "recovery". Get a friggin' clue already. "I'll do better in a second term" is NOT a great campaign slogan. lol
- It's a case of two bad choices Truthteller, Mon Jun 11 6:22pmI'm just not ready to see another corporation boot-lickin' RepubliCON back in the WH. I'm betting a lot of folks feel the way I do.
- Not as simple as that. SES, Tue Jun 12 7:49amWe've already SEEN what a clueless bumbling idiotic moron Obama is. So you KNOW what you'll get with HIM. More of a clueless bumbling idiotic moron. I think Romney can do better. MUCH better.
Religion and Ethics BBS