ΔιόςOkay let ask this simple question which might helps. in theThu Jun 14, 2012 9:19pm22.214.171.124end.
When and how did you get involved with your religion?
And what I think is a holy book doesn't matter the bible is called the holy bible isn't?
Saintly it isnít and certainly not for children or even low educated adults
But from what I read it is far from Holy and Saintly as many try to make it out to be SPECIALLY a book that is portrayed to teach Mankind.
And a true atheist doesnít even think about gods or religion I do have an objection to the word it seem to indicate that a theist exist.
And that an atheist is an anti theist which we arenít.
How can one be anti of something that isnít?
Well I diligent wait for your response.
- Your question doesn't even compute. Kevin, Thu Jun 14 7:55amThe way you frame it already assumes an answer. You don't think holy books are holy? I would ask: What do you mean by Holy Book? What do you think holy means? Also, you are looking for "evidence of... more
- Okay let ask this simple question which might helps. in the Διός, Thu Jun 14 9:19pm
- How will an answer to that question help? Kevin, Fri Jun 15 6:07amAnd how can I answer? It is not as simple a question as you think. It would require an entire telling of my faith journey from birth until now. The answer I would give initially: When did I "get... more
- As seen from your reply you too were exposed to organized Διός, Fri Jun 15 7:04pmAs seen from your reply you too were exposed to organized religion and then followed a path that was uncertain but you were still seeking. That too is a normal thing the seed is sown in the young.... more
- THAT'S what you got out of my long reply? Kevin, Fri Jun 15 8:47pmA seed was planted as a child? Wow. I am very disappointed. Reducing a person's curiosity to ask the big questions about the universe and who wants to study everything that can be studied -- science, ... more
- Wrong and don't push me, I been nice and like to stay that Διός, Fri Jun 15 10:04pmway. I asked for you beginning to religion and not your whole journey. And you know why I ask that and be honest you can't claim now that you might have been looking at a later stage but again that... more
- I am not trying to push you at all... Kevin, Sat Jun 16 7:58amI really am not. I am not trying to be mean or vindictive nor do I want "stardom". You think you are playing nice? Making comparisons with religion to "Nazis"? You think you are being "objective"... more
- When I was saying donít push me might sounded too harsh. Διός, Sat Jun 16 7:11pmI meant donít make me go in to all the nitty gritty stuff. I do have no time for that and I was taken aback by you criticism of my interpretation of you post on you beginning of you introduction to... more
- Thanks for that I will reply tomorrow it is to late now. (nm) Διός, Fri Jun 15 6:39am
- The believer also works on assumptions ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jun 14 5:01pmKevin, So one could also say that the believer assumes much, including that the alleged holy books was somehow influenced by God. there is no way to actually prove such a things so it becomes a... more
- Your response.... Kevin, Thu Jun 14 7:36pmdemonstrates that we are talking about totally different things or misunderstanding each other. I never said anything about facts or logical arguments. I am simply pointing out that there is no... more
- But your method does not work in screaming matches ChristopherBlackwell, Fri Jun 15 7:43pmKevin, And so much of what passes for religious discussion here ends up in being screaming matches. I have no problem with the idea that a god would be unknowable,that is beyond human understanding.... more
- Norhing you say... Kevin, Mon Jun 18 8:41pmGoes against the idea of orthodoxy or the tradition as I have come to understand it and teach it. As much as certain voices in and out of the tradition are sure they know what the tradition is, there ... more
- And you're right we still have many others that either fall Διός, Fri Jun 15 8:36pmunder (grin hopefully not busses) mainstream religion and are not the real self thinkers but mainly followers and do as told. And it is just those that are in the category you mentioned. That is why... more
- Might be wise to start anew string ChristopherBlackwell, Fri Jun 15 7:45pmKevin, Because who knows what direction this conversation will go.
Religion and Ethics BBS