ChristopherBlackwellWhat I call life at any costSun Jun 17, 2012 6:07pm22.214.171.124Truthteller,
As much of our medicare is profit motivated, all of this makes someone a huge amount of money. We have forgotten that death is not the enemy and is the natural end of living. Unfortunately in health care death is often seen as failure and we have the technology to maintain the body long after the person in the body is gone. Add that to the profit motive and we could see a lot more of this,which may drive ordinary health care beyond most people's budgets, if it isn't already.
I can go to the local doctor but that alone will cost $200. That is before you add treatment and cost of medicine. We have a lot of people that cannot not afford that now. Now when I first went to a doctor in this town in the late 80s it was $25 a visit, and you got at least twenty-five minutes with the doctor. Now you are doing well if the doctor allows you five minutes of his time.
The old healers had a point where they stopped trying to hold off death and in fact might help ease the person over to death. I think modern medicine is way out of balance in its fear of death.
- Granny can't host family dinners anymore, so let her die Clawson, Tue Jun 12 11:00pmhttp://www.activistpost.com/2012/06/elite-are-attempting-to-convince-us.html
- Thesechoices will be come more common ChristopherBlackwell, Thu Jun 14 4:31pmClawson, As an economy breaks down medical care is one of the first things to be cut back on. Remember while we do not have the best of medical care we do have the most expensive medical care and it... more
- Here's a good example... Truthteller, Sat Jun 16 9:26pmof what you are talking about. How long before the state of Calif. FINALLY decides to pull the funding to keep this poor kid alive? And frankly, if I was in the parent's shoes I would have allowed... more
- What I call life at any cost ChristopherBlackwell, Sun Jun 17 6:07pm
- What a sad but also crazy case. Διός , Sat Jun 16 10:24pmWhy is it done, is hard to judge, but what is in it for Ryan? He has no real life he is nothing more than a breathing bag of saline and skin. Stop his surport and he wouldn't complain he wouldn't... more
- Well I do know a few that should be euthanized before Διός, Wed Jun 13 6:52pmgetting to that stage. Some previous political leaders for one, I do know two in one family. So we can get that family a discount. Why did the society wasted a heart on Cheney what a waste!... more
Religion and Ethics BBS