ΔιόςIf you need others as an adult to tell you what is good orThu Jun 21, 2012 10:26pm126.96.36.199bad, than you're lacking something’s; "Don't do to others what you wouldn’t like done to one selves" is my motto and it is also from some others as well but I didn't get that from anywhere else than from my own thinking.
So there is no reason for those books if you are genuine a good human and willing to think.
And as for sharing somethings why not, but because it is very personal it might not be the same for others that is what i was saying.
- A Daily Devotional worth some thought... Truthteller, Wed Jun 20 5:41pm"Study of the scriptures is fruitless as long as Deity has not been experienced. And when Deity has been experienced, it is useless to read the scriptures." Sri Sankaracarya, from his writings, The... more
- so believe nothing and be safe? scott, Thu Jun 21 9:19amThats a funny kind of spirituality .. if you have had some sort of "experience" with a Diety .. and wrote about it to others .. why does that knowledge now faint uselessness? Seems Sri has found... more
- Gee the Church of Nothing has anice ring. ChristopherBlackwell, Sat Jun 23 1:16pmscott, After the money grubbing and power hungry business some people have made of religions consider the Church of Nothing as a relief from all that. The Church of Nothing What does it require of... more
- Hmm, a reverse Pascal's Wager? greenman, Sat Jun 23 11:41amGiven the multitude of gods and afterlife claims, might that not be a safer bet? :)
- What? Who said that? wondering, Thu Jun 21 10:00amNo one believes "nothing". That is not the point. Your "knowledge" and experience may be quite different than that of others. What you "know" about your experiences cannot be fully explained or... more
- no .. but there is a similarity that can be enjoyed .. scott, Thu Jun 21 10:28amheck .. you can't put two of any religious similar beliefs together and find 100% .. maybe not even 50% compatibility .. tough enough putting a man and woman together in "holy matrimony" only to find ... more
- LOL :) wondering, Thu Jun 21 10:57amI was just thinking about a book that spells out the "right" or good way to keep the toothpaste... the toilet seat... dirty clothes... dishes... pencils, papers, bills, etc, etc, etc.... Should there ... more
- well ... the truth is a lot of people actually wonder about scott, Thu Jun 21 4:49pmthat kind of stuff .. Ann Landers and her sis Abby for years have tried to help some of em out .. and still .. the problems .. Do you think there is an element of continuity in the relationship of... more
- blind sheep wondering, Thu Jun 21 6:33pmAnd many of the so-called sacred writings don't help to take those blinders off. Consider what the OT says about how to get rid of mold or mildew in a house. I'm sure many people took those writings... more
- oh .. i didn'tsay they were silly nor wrong .. scott, Fri Jun 22 9:43amJust that everyone, at one time or another, needs leading in the right direction .. most people would say its a parental thing ..
- Do tell... wondering, Fri Jun 22 2:28pmWhat is the "right direction"?
- for me or for you? scott, Fri Jun 22 5:36pmcomon .. you're not supposing you think I know whats right for you do you? Ha .. I'd then have to believe you know whats right for me .. and pretty sure that wouldn't do well with either of us.
- You simply cannot connect with deity... Truthteller, Thu Jun 21 9:56amby reading something that humans created. By not personally experiencing it, you are only getting someone else's version of it, which may or may not even have merit. The part where reading comes in... more
- Ican understand that .. scott, Thu Jun 21 10:16amSo .. you are saying, however, you can connnect with a diety .. have you? just curious ... :)
- Oh yes Truthteller, Thu Jun 21 10:41amI have been a practicing Wiccan for most of my life and not only have I connected with Deity but also helped others do so as well. For me, the best place in which to do so has always been out in... more
- ah .. so you lead them via your experience scott, Thu Jun 21 4:56pmto have one of their own .. correct? Screw buildings .. imho they are a waste if not a downright deterrant unless they are used by those of common doctrine, premise, philosophy ..etc .. to practice... more
- No bible, no "scripture" per se... Truthteller, Thu Jun 21 7:31pmonly some books written by the early founders such as Gerald Gardner and even some notable practitioners such as Scott Cunningham. Most of us are compulsive readers and have pretty thorough... more
- the "white" board? .. lol .. scott, Fri Jun 22 10:17amso .. Mondo's has a hack name too .. I shudda figured .. lol .. they grind on about the "blue, bleu,or blew" board from time to time .. lol .. I keep my distance from that one .. too much "character" ... more
- I also forgot to say... Truthteller, Sat Jun 23 1:13pmthat while I have indeed felt connected to the Divine, I would never presume to say that my perception of it is the "one and only way" for anyone save myself. As I said before, the way each of us... more
- well .. I would suppose you might have scott, Sat Jun 23 2:33pmmore direction than that .. a wait and see walk in this world has no forward ambition .. I'm betting you look forward to something better for yourself and for those around you ... But yes .. change... more
- Actually, it's better known... Truthteller, Fri Jun 22 12:47pmas the "White WHINE Board." LOL Also, don't undersell Uru...he actually DOES have a clue, perhaps just not in the way you might think he should. I think he's far more of a Gnostic Christian than he... more
- I think the experience wondering, Thu Jun 21 5:45amof "Deity" is really nothing more than the experience of love. When you love someone, you like to be around them and you don't want to hurt them. Basically, you treat them as the "golden rule"... more
- Yep and no religion is needed to teach good manners. Διός, Thu Jun 21 6:07amAs you said organized religion is about crowd control and power over the masses. Διός
- >chuckle< History, Thu Jun 21 11:15amConsidering the source, this is funny. ;)
- I call this a semite attack on me, what do you call it? Διός, Thu Jun 21 10:13pmYour chuckle is well noted and I will have to send you the bill for providing the amusement. And of course remember you're a supporter of land stealing and violence on a large scale, while I'm a... more
- Yep and no religion is need to teach good manners. Διός, Thu Jun 21 6:06amAs you said organized religion is about crowd control and power over the masses. Διός
- I agree also it has to be that way so religion should be Διός, Thu Jun 21 2:16amonly a very personal experience! So if you write about it you can only tell your own which will be in all possibility very different from others experiences. And The bible can’t tell a thing.... more
- so .. everyone's own religion is up to themselves.. scott, Thu Jun 21 9:26amto believe and they should keep it to themselves .. right? hmm .. I can agree with no religion .. man made stuff reeks of opportunistic and sadly .. evil people .. but truth, in and of itself,... more
- If you need others as an adult to tell you what is good or Διός, Thu Jun 21 10:26pm
Religion and Ethics BBS